PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
YYAAAASSSSSS.

Great looking claw. Do you have rough dimensions?

The reason I ask, is I had a meer claw in my cart once that I about fell in love with. Looking at it constantly, thinking about it, etc. Then I realized I never looked at the dimensions, and it was HUGE. Way bigger than it looked in the pictures. Made me sad deleting it. It would have been perfect, if the chamber would have been nearly an inch smaller, and 2 inches shorter!!! Looks can be deceiving.

Smoke Wagon

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2022
Looks mediumish to me. Chamber is 13/16” wide.
YYAAAASSSSSS.

The reason I ask, is I had a meer claw in my cart once that I about fell in love with. Looking at it constantly, thinking about it, etc. Then I realized I never looked at the dimensions, and it was HUGE. Way bigger than it looked in the pictures. Made me sad deleting it. It would have been perfect, if the chamber would have been nearly an inch smaller, and 2 inches shorter!!! Looks can be deceiving.
3EC71AF1-4D7C-4D65-B25B-F1AE7F754624.jpeg

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
YYAAAASSSSSS.

I wasn't necessarily interested in a meerschaum claw at first. However, I kept seeing them and knew there had to be more to "the story" when I saw Jefferson Davis's claw from being imprisoned after the Civil War.

I posted a thread here and learned more about the claw design and history, which fascinated me. So I found a meerschaum claw for the cheap on eBay (since I'd hate to invest in something I'm apt to break).

Looks are deceiving since the chamber barely fits my pinkie finger (if I recall - I'm sort of hibernating right now), making it a decent strong smoke pipe. I'm guessing you could find one your size.

20230101_151702.jpg