PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
At first I was excited about this contest. Now I’ve just realised you are gonna be taunting me with ridiculously awesome pipes. Screw you brother.

The craggy hexagonal ball sack gets my vote. What’s the stem accent? Looks like briar
I’ve already voted but as long as we’re talking about perception, the first one may be ball sack but a couple of the pics of the second had me thinking “ladies days” model - not that there is anything at all wrong with that, believe me (just a few short years ago around here it was three females, two female cats, one female dog, two non-intact male dogs and …… me - always outnumbered).

Reactions: Ahi Ka

n_irwin

Can't Leave
Apr 15, 2022
Oklahoma, USA
Finally! I was really starting to feel bad there, hahaha. Interesting your concern about #1 and "artistic license" with what is a cutty. I would consider that pipe cutty as all hell.
I was also starting to wondering how far I would have to read before #2 got a vote. The pencil shank also gets my vote

Reactions: alaskanpiper

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
Okay folks. Let's get this thing kicked off with our first matchup between two amazing cutties. We have an awesome one piece paneled sitter with a craggy cross-cut blast, up against a very organically themed pencil shank with a kiss of plateau. Please vote purely on which pipe you prefer.

Some of these pipes are distinctive and the carver may be recognizable to many. Please try to avoid guessing the carver in the comments so as not to influence any voters, but feel free to comment on what you like and don't like about each one. Apparently they have done away with the poll feature here, so please cast your vote in a comment and I will count them up after 7 days.

View attachment 198970View attachment 198972View attachment 198974View attachment 198975View attachment 198981View attachment 198976View attachment 198977View attachment 198978View attachment 198979
View attachment 198982
Hard to pick! I am not a fan of panels for the most part but the stem and the balance of 1 to me gives it the win . 👍

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Hahaha right? I had a feeling going in that the first pipe would easily win this matchup but I did not expect this level of virtually universal agreement.
I'm much more surprised by how one-sided the second match-up is. I would have expected that one to be more competitive.

Reactions: alaskanpiper

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
I love the first one but I can see why some people might be attracted to the second. The first pipe gets me. That craggy sandblast is so rustic and vintage and sensual. You just want to reach and and grab it. It’s the first pipe and I can’t imagine seeing a better one.

Status
Not open for further replies.