PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
Pfeifen Huber is a pipe shop in Munich. I don’t know if they make their own pipes or not. I happen to have three pipes that came from their store and are stamped with their logo—two Petersons and an Il Ceppo.
I found a pipe it says it's a Pfieifer Huber 90. I also thought it was a store not a pipe company.

n_irwin

Can't Leave
Apr 15, 2022
Oklahoma, USA
@orlandofurioso And I asked about the GH monogram on the two older Petersons on this thread:

You’ll see pictures and some helpful info that was shared by forum members there.

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Thank you !
Recently I purchased some Dunnies from the sexties with a more florid, seriphed monogram. I suspect it to be from Georg ( not George ) Huber in München.
Which you now confirmed while I was typing :) Dealer stamps matter to me.

Reactions: Coreios

n_irwin

Can't Leave
Apr 15, 2022
Oklahoma, USA
Thank you !
Recently I purchased some Dunnies from the sexties with a more florid, seriphed monogram. I suspect it to be from Georg ( not George ) Huber in München.
Which you now confirmed while I was typing :) Dealer stamps matter to me.
Nice! I’m eager to get to Munich and visit the shop. They have a couple of house tobaccos that I would like to try, including their Virginia Golden Flake.

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Yes, very nice. One is a 1970 ODA billiard with outstanding grain. In 1971 the hideous F/T stem was replaced for a "normal' one, hence the double date stamp. Makes the pipe a little extra special, I think. While I'm not keen about post 1970 Dunnies, this one thicks all the boxes.
That's a long drive from Tunis my friend :) Long roadmovie from here too.
According to Jesse one of the best VGF's available .

Reactions: Coreios