PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jmsmitty6

Can't Leave
Jan 12, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said. I read far more than I post, but there are stalwarts on this forum that I always enjoy reading, and Harris was one of them. I didn't always agree with his opinions, but rarely is entertainment derived from musings so similar to one's own.

My sincere condolences to his family and to Mark, who knew him well.

RIP Harris.

Jason

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I don’t believe anyone has mentioned Harris’s love for Jack Howell pipes, but his passion for them encouraged so many to chase getting a Howell. In fact, how can one see a pic of a Howell and not recall Harris. Would I have EVER bought a car from this man? Never!!! I appreciate coming out a head on a deal. But would I have taken his suggestions on pipe brands? Absolutely.

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
Harris @cigrmaster passed in his sleep Tuesday Night. As many know, his health has been declining for some time. However, he was doing well when I saw him last about six weeks ago and his passing was sudden and unexpected. Harris leaves behind 4 really fabulous children and countless friends.

I've known Harris for 25 years. Oh the stories that could be told. Harris was larger than life, time spent hanging out was almost always epic. Harris was a big man physically with a huge heart, personality and presence. He loved his children dearly and was a very good father. Harris was highly intelligent and a shrewd businessman. If you were a friend, you could count on Harris having your back.

I will miss my good friend Harris and pray for the Good Lord to bless his soul and comfort his family at this time. Harris was only 65, we all should take a moment and consider there are no guaranteed tomorrows.

I am so sorry for your loss! What a wonderful tribute to him and you can tell that you had admiration and love for your friend. I didn’t know him so well but from what I knew I liked him and this shed some light on why and who he was. Again Mark, I’m sorry.

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
Sorry to hear that you will be saying goodbye to a friend Mark, and also to all those here who also got to know him.

I still remember the post of his that introduced you to everyone on the forum when you first joined; in good fashion. He seems like a good friend to have known. You're a lucky man. Take care.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Sorry to hear that you will be saying goodbye to a friend Mark, and also to all those here who also got to know him.

I still remember the post of his that introduced you to everyone on the forum when you first joined; in good fashion. He seems like a good friend to have known. You're a lucky man. Take care.
Sorry, the site timed me out. I know what "in good fashion" means with Harris. He was the President of ball busting and took it as well as he gave it. One of the funniest 3 people I've had the pleasure to meet, Harris possessed high intellect and an extremely keen wit. Not necessarily for the thin skinned. LOL

Thanks for all the kind and heart felt comments. The service is Sunday at 2 pm. Anyone who is enjoying a smoke around that time should take a few puffs and blow a few smoke rings skyward in his memory.

This photo of Harris was taken at a Cigar Family Herf years before Harris injured his spine which began his health decline. Thought I'd share it. I'm certain he was holding court as only Harris could do.

1669953364745.jpeg

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
When I joined the forum a few months ago I mentioned I had some TMJD (jaw pain) and preferred lighter pipes. Harris had all kinds of advice for me on what kinds of pipes I should consider getting. He seemed concerned for my ability to enjoy my pipes. Haha. I didn't agree with all his opinions but he was genuinely heartfelt. He had a proper sense of humour and could be a sweetheart too in my brief exchanges with him. Never knew him, but I'm sad to hear of his passing. RIP @cigrmaster

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Oh this hit harder than I expected. Miss you already Harris! I would eye roll hard at half the stuff he posted, but I kind of loved that about him, such a wealth of opinion.

And yes, he was very considerate with his top virginia lists. I saw him taking time for each individual that stumbled into this hobby, providing good advice over and over again.

R.I.P Harris.

@hoosierpipeguy not sure if you are making it to the funeral? but if so, and if there is a book to write in, can you mention that the gang at pipesmagazine.com will miss him and his contribution greatly.