Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jwesthurl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 27, 2022
St. Louis
I picked up a tin of Dunhill London Mixture at a B&M today. When I search online, it always says it’s not available. Is this still being produced and who’s making it now? STG?

BED8DC67-71E7-4DC6-82C0-973BB65A1812.jpeg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
BAT, (who owns the Dunhill trademark for use with tobacco), ended their licensing agreement with STG (who has manufactured and distributed the Dunhill-branded tobaccos for years now) a while back. STG continues to produce London Mixture and sells it under to ubiquitous name of Standard Mixture.

mcq9jav6xwe61.jpg

jwesthurl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 27, 2022
St. Louis
BAT, (who owns the Dunhill trademark for use with tobacco), ended their licensing agreement with STG (who has manufactured and distributed the Dunhill-branded tobaccos for years now) a while back. STG continues to produce London Mixture and sells it under to ubiquitous name of Standard Mixture.

View attachment 183876
Cool, thanks. Is it safe to assume that this tin has a little age to it since it still says London Mixture?

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I picked up a tin of Dunhill London Mixture at a B&M today. When I search online, it always says it’s not available. Is this still being produced and who’s making it now? STG?

View attachment 183874
It's no longer made. Peterson's Standard Mixture is the old Dunhill Standard Mixture Medium, I believe, not London Mixture.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
It's no longer made. Peterson's Standard Mixture is the old Dunhill Standard Mixture Medium, I believe, not London Mixture.
That's what I thought. @woodsroad you got me excited for 2 seconds. Stop that.

FYI: The K&K Clone of London Mixture is branded Robert McConnell Piccadily Circus. If you like London Mixture you should try a tin of that when it becomes available. I love London Mixture but I haven't tried Piccadily Circus yet because I still have 5-year old tins of the former, probably produced at the same time as the one you got. It's a great smoke and has aged just fine.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Dunhill doesn't make tobacco anymore. You can get the Peterson version of the tobacco which is still made the same they made the tobacco for Dunhill. Unfortunately, Dunhill London Mixture didn't make the cut, so it's gone.
London Mixture is not the same as Standard Mixture.