PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Here is my family's Armenian potato salad recipe. Simple and delicious as a non-traditional potato salad.

Boil 4 white potatoes until soft. Slice (or cube) when cool enough to handle (skins optional).

Add at least 1 tablespoon of kosher salt (more to taste), 1 tablespoon of dried mint, 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, 1 small to medium white onion (sliced - sweet onions work too), 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, and 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (bottled lemon juice works too, but isn't as fresh).

Toss and chill in the refrigerator until the flavors meld.

The same mixture can be used with garbanzo beans (insert the chickpea joke here) and tomatoes for an Armenian chickpea salad (and canned beans are acceptable).

Enjoy, from my family to yours.
@The Amish Tyrant I know you aren't actually Amish as they don't use the internet...

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
@The Amish Tyrant I know you aren't actually Amish as they don't use the internet...
I'm reformed, not Orthodox.

It's actually a nickname from high school, when I had Amish like mutton chops. Some close friends still refer to me as Amish and I used it as my first name while moonlighting as a line cook to avoid questions about my day job. I even have a chef's coat with Amish embroidered as my name.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Lots of Clay King leftovers but I also smell Cyprus Latakia so into the clay it goes. I'm not putting so much as a crumb of Latakia in my briar pipes, I'm afraid the strong aroma will never leave the wood.
Enjoy your sunday, folks!

View attachment 183629

You don't throw rubber chickens at her, do you? 😁
@Chaukisch And not so much as a crumb of Latakia in the Clay King:)

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I'm reformed, not Orthodox.

It's actually a nickname from high school, when I had Amish like mutton chops. Some close friends still refer to me as Amish and I used it as my first name while moonlighting as a line cook to avoid questions about my day job. I even have a chef's coat with Amish embroidered as my name.
@The Amish Tyrant I'm not taking part in fast smoking competitions now as it's same weekend as the Derbyshire Woodland Festival which I'm more interested in!
I really enjoy traditional crafts such as willow weaving / basket making and woodcarving. I get to meet the Vikings as well:)
No more Clan for the Clay King; it smells and tastes off...

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps on this windy, sunny day, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. It's time for some lunch.
Molina_Apple.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking year 2022 Peretti Thanksgiving Day Blend in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Working on a review of this blend is taking a little time.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Virginia twists because someone's gotta smoke 'em. It was a fun idea but I don't think I'm doing this again.
It's also very interesting that the Virginia became more like an Oriental, a lot spicier but still sweet.

20221128_210039 - Copy.jpg

Tobacco in a jar with coffee beans, what the hell am I thinking? I put the tobacco in a jar with more and even stronger brew. I'll leave it to soak in a warm place for a few days, stirring everything up once in a while.

20221128_201632 - Copy.jpg

Welcome back @Carol !

@Chaukisch Looking good!
A shame we're so far apart; I think we could do some great things together...
Lost my taste for Clan now, it smelled and tasted worse than before - just a burnt cigarette taste & smelled vile. I'll have to gift it...
No more Clan for the Clay King:)
(Unless I get gifted any).
Not taking part in the Egremont pipe smoking competition now due to the travel distance and same weekend as the Derbyshire Woodland Festival which I'm more interested in:)
Well that's weird. Are you sure you didn't get a bad pouch or something? How's it going with the health?
I was hoping to hear about how you did at the smoking competition but the Woodland festival sounds great too. Have fun!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Virginia twists because someone's gotta smoke 'em. It was a fun idea but I don't think I'm doing this again.
It's also very interesting that the Virginia became more like an Oriental, a lot spicier but still sweet.

View attachment 183709

Tobacco in a jar with coffee beans, what the hell am I thinking? I put the tobacco in a jar with more and even stronger brew. I'll leave it to soak in a warm place for a few days, stirring everything up once in a while.

View attachment 183711

Welcome back @Carol !

Well that's weird. Are you sure you didn't get a bad pouch or something? How's it going with the health?
I was hoping to hear about how you did at the smoking competition but the Woodland festival sounds great too. Have fun!
@Chaukisch Might be a bad pouch or maybe it's my taste / smell still affected by the bug.
Feeling a bit better now; thanks for asking!

Status
Not open for further replies.