PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Reminds me I have to crack one of my 2011 Skiff Mixture tins. I fear it will need rehydration but I'm prepared for the task. Cheers.
I’d be curious to hear how it looks. It just so happens that I acquired (we’ll say it’s from “a secret forum Santa”) a very old tin of Squadron Leader that is at least 10 years old but likely to be 18 years old. The seal seems good to me. But will it be crispy when opened? I’m eager to open it soon, but only after I finish my current tin of SL. Will report back here when that happens.

Reactions: coys

Terry Lennox

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2021
Southern California
I’d be curious to hear how it looks. It just so happens that I acquired (we’ll say it’s from “a secret forum Santa”) a very old tin of Squadron Leader that is at least 10 years old but likely to be 18 years old. The seal seems good to me. But will it be crispy when opened? I’m eager to open it soon, but only after I finish my current tin of SL. Will report back here when that happens.
Will let you know. Probably next few weeks.

Reactions: Singularis

Terry Lennox

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2021
Southern California
Well it turned out to be good news. The Skiff from 2012 was just fine. I will post pictures to a new thread in the Pipe Tobacco forum.

Reactions: Singularis