4Noggins - Tobacconists - Missing In Action?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
love how when a company gets lots of complaints people defend them with stories of them doing the minimum level of being a business and acting like that some how counteracts their indifference to customer satisfaction as evidenced by their throwing customers an attitude of you owe us not the other way around.
Has this business wronged you? When people use the internet as a means of anyonymous bashing towards a business whether they believe they are right or wrong, it can have large implications for the business. If I feel that my experience was good and not similar to the negative review, I may feel obligated to share my experience just as the person sharing their negative experience feels they should share theirs. This is fair.

ReneRobert

Might Stick Around
Aug 6, 2021
Has this business wronged you? When people use the internet as a means of anyonymous bashing towards a business whether they believe they are right or wrong, it can have large implications for the business.
That's the point lol. Dense as can be. There should be implications. Shit business, shit service = business could be affected. Oh no sean, is that troubling you?

• Haha
Reactions: seanv

ReneRobert

Might Stick Around
Aug 6, 2021
I’ve used 4noggins several times for tobacco purchases, going back several years. Never had a problem, delivered 2-4 weeks after paying for an order. Here in the UK, lots of us use them & I’ve never heard of anybody not receiving their order…not one.

I’m guessing you wanted to consign your tins through 4 Noggins because they will get you the best prices due to them charging ‘exorbitant’ prices to their mostly international customer base?

Must be terribly frustrating for you not getting the attention you think you deserve.

View attachment 182249
Good for you? Thanks for the input that you've had good experiences with them. Real useful stuff. Great conversation.

• Haha

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
You are as much in the right to tell people about your negative experience as I am to tell people about my positive experience. Neither is wrong. The delivery of the review or opinion is also important.

Reactions: simong and paulfg

ReneRobert

Might Stick Around
Aug 6, 2021
You are as much in the right to tell people about your negative experience as I am to tell people about my positive experience. Neither is wrong. The delivery of the review or opinion is also important.
You're welcome to share but positive reviews in this instance are essentially worthless. That's like you going on Yelp and leaving a positive review when your local Walgreens pharmacy fills your prescription correctly... people who have had no issues shouldn't be noteworthy.

• Sad

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
That's the point lol. Dense as can be. There should be implications. Shit business, shit service = business could be affected. Oh no sean, is that troubling you?
From your comments here and elsewhere, it seems like you might be a difficult customer to interact with.

If I knew you were coming anywhere near my business, I wouldn't answer the phone or open the door either.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Has this business wronged you? When people use the internet as a means of anyonymous bashing towards a business whether they believe they are right or wrong, it can have large implications for the business. If I feel that my experience was good and not similar to the negative review, I may feel obligated to share my experience just as the person sharing their negative experience feels they should share theirs. This is fair.
except when the positives that amount to a company doing the most basic level of service are presented as contradictions that negate the negative and negligent experiences a variety of people have experienced. That's the thing that seems silly to me.
Yes it has a large implication on a business and if that doesn't motivate them to do better, that's on them. And if it's not enough to get them to care, well why should we risk our money and peace of mind for them?
And when one person says something that means little, but when the same complaints come up again and again, well.... That carries weight.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
except when the positives that amount to a company doing the most basic level of service are presented as contradictions that negate the negative and negligent experiences a variety of people have experienced. That's the thing that seems silly to me.
Yes it has a large implication on a business and if that doesn't motivate them to do better, that's on them. And if it's not enough to get them to care, well why should we risk our money and peace of mind for them?
And when one person says something that means little, but when the same complaints come up again and again, well.... That carries weight.
More people will spout off on negatives than provide a positive comment. I am willing to bet there are more satisfied customers than unsatisfied. Even smokingpipes.com has people that don't like them

Reactions: gervais and paulfg

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
More people will spout off on negatives than provide a positive comment. I am willing to bet there are more satisfied customers than unsatisfied. Even smokingpipes.com has people that don't like them
and I would bet that a significant portion of those satisfied customers have no interest in talking about their experience publicly, and if they did it would be a decision to violate this forums rules, as well as their country’s customs laws.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
There’s some thick heads here.
4Noggins does a very nice job servicing our friends abroad who would otherwise have problems procuring things we in the states take for granted.
If for no other reason than that, just shut the fuck up with your whining.

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
Hi there!
I am the OP that got this side-show off to a start. Despite no email replies, no answering of the phone, sitting on the order for a long time, I placed another order with 4noggins for $200. It was out the door and on its way in a couple of days. I (and the owner) don't know what happened to my first order - guess it should have "turned left at Albuquerque" (you have to be of a certain age to understand that remark).
Because of my pipe smoking club's experience with them years ago, I didn't want to believe they were a bad company. Based on this, my second order, all is well. I will order from them a third time.

As an aside, I have been watching on YouTube various videos on piper lifestyle, public presentation, etiquette, bearing, manners, and comportment. It made for very good watching. I never realized that smoking a pipe called for such a distinguished life!

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
[QUOTE="Beowoulf, post: 36699652, member: 30317]

As an aside, I have been watching on YouTube various videos on piper lifestyle, public presentation, etiquette, bearing, manners, and comportment. It made for very good watching. I never realized that smoking a pipe called for such a distinguished life!
[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in the videos. Please provide the search terms.

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
[QUOTE="Beowoulf, post: 36699652, member: 30317]

I'm interested in the videos. Please provide the search terms.
[/QUOTE]

I looked through YouTube and tried to find the various videos I have watched. It is rather time consuming. I found one that I can share. From that one you can probably track down others.

Pipe Smoking: An Unwritten Code of Behavior​

Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this!

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
The implication that a pipe smoker has to abide by a set of rules, conduct themselves in a particular manner, or live a certain way immediately disqualifies the maker of that video from any serious consideration.
It's a secret society whose practices are shrouded in mystery. You have to be referred by two current members in good standing, and be initiated.

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
You call during business hours and you get a machine? That would concern me also. I assume businesses that do not answer during the day are avoiding something... creditors, customers... that is a shady as F business practice.
That's not always the case. As a business owner myself I am usually doing a lot of the work, hands on. I would say 50-70% of calls I get are spammers or salesmen. I dont have time for playing with them. I usually figure if they don't leave a message it was spam.