PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHPirate

Lurker
Nov 8, 2022
Cornel & Diel Autumn Evening in my newly refurbished 1995 Christmas edition Comoy’s pipe. I purchased this pipe on EBay cheap because it badly needed to be cleaned up. This was my first attempt at refurbishing a pipe. The stem was in bad need of cleaning and polish, lots of charring on the rim and the bowl needed to be reamed. I know newer Comoy’s aren’t consider top tier pipes but I think it turned out nice and it smokes really well. I’m admittedly new to the pipe world but the briar wood on this pipe really pops after a good cleaning and polish. 94B200D7-EDB4-4859-B2BA-56A0C73B49C7.jpeg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I became a Grandfather today, for the first time! 🎉 🎈 🎊 LOL 😆

The youngest of the three I have was the one to give birth, and so far the only grandchild, wow, reality hasn’t sunk in yet, but I still don’t feel old.

I was saving a tin and a pipe for another occasion I had in mind, but this is something to celebrate! So today I opened the tin, and gave the pipe it’s inaugural smoke, I bought the pipe October last year.

1974 Murray’s Erinmore Cube Cut, in a Bay Denmark Apple with a cumberland stem.

Erinmore flake was one of the first blends I smoked in the early 80s and this smells just like before, yes a Pineapple tin note and taste. When I opened the tin, it also has a slight perfume note to it, like Condor and Lakeland blends, and there is a faint taste of that with Pineapple, absolutely sublime.

I truly hope everyone is doing ok and well, as I am truly blessed today, not only from family, but all of you too, in this amazing place! ❤️

Be well everyone! ❤️

P.S. I was shocked, for a 48 year old tin, the moisture was perfect. :)

712A59B3-F5C4-478A-8CD1-05FF5ABA2671.jpeg

74910993-BFEB-48C2-960F-EAB9615EA81C.jpeg

4AB7E722-0F8E-4F38-A37B-F52985D41954.jpeg

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
TX

The youngest of the three I have was the one to give birth, and so far the only grandchild, wow, reality hasn’t sunk in yet, but I still don’t feel old.

I was saving a tin and a pipe for another occasion I had in mind, but this is something to celebrate! So today I opened the tin, and gave the pipe it’s inaugural smoke, I bought the pipe October last year.

Erinmore flake was one of the first blends I smoked in the early 80s and this smells just like before, yes a Pineapple tin note and taste. When I opened the tin, it also has a slight perfume note to it, like Condor and Lakeland blends, and there is a faint taste of that with Pineapple, absolutely sublime.

I truly hope everyone is doing ok and well, as I am truly blessed today, not only from family, but all of you too, in this amazing place! ❤️

Be well everyone! ❤️

View attachment 181615

View attachment 181619

View attachment 181621
Congratulations!

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton

Be well everyone! ❤️

View attachment 181615

View attachment 181619

View attachment 181621
Congratulations !!! Wishing you and your family all the best !

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Congratulations, @PipeIT !

I hadn't seen Erinmore Cube Cut before -- is it just the Flake in cube cut form?

To be honest, I don’t know if they took the flake and turned it into this, or the blend is it’s own.

There is a difference here from the flake, because upon opening the tin, and taking a smell, I was greeted with perfume and pineapple. Since Irish Condor was the last perfume Lakeland like blend I smelled/smoked last month, it was the first thing that came to mind, along with Gawith’s Lakeland perfume like blends, very similar.

But no soap notes, just a subtle perfume smell and taste.

Looking back on Erinmore flake I had in the 80s, it definitely had no perfume Lakeland going on, it was all Pineapple.

The Pineapple smell and taste is 100% like I remember from the flake in the 80s, just amazing.

I still can’t believe the moisture remained perfect for 48 years, it boggles my mind. 😲

NOW I seriously need to find more and stock up, if possible LOL. 😆

P.S. It does look like little cut up flakes, if you look closely at the pic I posted before, not cubes.

Last edited:

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA

View attachment 181619
Congrats and WOW! That cube cut looks -delicious- like bacon! (say, maybe that's where Calverley got his inspriation for his closing word in Ode to Tobacco?)

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL

Be well everyone! ❤️

View attachment 181615

View attachment 181619

View attachment 181621
Congrats! Being a grandparent should be the finest and most enjoyable thing you ever do.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Some more Derriston mixture. This time in a Peterson Irish Army #406 (sort of a squat prince). Drinking Pinot noir and listening to Latin jazz (Arturo Sandoval) and dreaming of re-mastering my new plastic trumpet! I was pretty good in my youth. I even got to play on Ted Mack's Amateur Hour in 1962!

Status
Not open for further replies.