PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Good morning all. I’m enjoying a bowl of Bob‘s Chocolate Flake, and sipping a hot cup of joe, while sitting on the sunny side of the porch on this chilly morning.

It’s been awhile since the last time I posted. Life kept me on a Rollercoaster ride for a few months. My father suffered a heart attack from which he never recovered. He held on for 2 months, fighting like hell and enduring daily suffering. My evenings and weekends were spent by his bedside. His death has had a profound effect on me and I’m still trying to process life without him.

Exactly 4 weeks after my fathers death, we welcomed our first grandchild into the family. A beautiful baby girl named after my mother. She holds her Papa’s heart in her tiny little hand and has been the perfect medicine to heal a broken heart.

I‘m ready for life to return to some semblance of normalcy, and get back to my daily routine. I’ve missed relaxing with a pipe and hanging out with you guys. Things that were once taken for granted are now treated with great appreciation and gratitude.

Thank you to everyone that has reached out while I’ve been away. The kind words and gestures will always be remembered.

Cheers!

View attachment 181191
My condolences, I lost my mum around the same time as my birthday several years ago which is why I can’t stand to celebrate it. She was buried the day after my b-day and it’s all I think of at that time of year.
I’m so sorry your father never got to see his grandchild.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
Having my early morning smoke in the middle of the afternoon. MacBaren HH Burley Flake in a Georg Jensen bent brandy. I'm about to pop open a three year old tin of it. Everything other tin I've had (and I've had a lot of tins of this) has been 2 and under.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a second set of walking reps in the dark and cold, and am close finishing this bowl of unreleased Sutliff VaPer in a 1970's straight rusticated black Savinelli Estella 915 KS dublin with a flared top and pearl brown acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Estella_915KS_dublin .jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.