PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
First pipe in over a month.
Last month I tried starting a campfire along with my pipe and almost started a grass fire, but now with the world covered in solidified water I can make campfires anywhere and everywhere to my heart's content and just walk away from a burning log care free.

Tonight I had a bowl of Frog Morton Cellar, and a 50/50 blend of GH Kendal Kentucky and Sutliff Red VA, smoked in a pair of freshly re-drilled Tsuge "The Tasting" pipes (that used to cost a lot less than they do now).
(The skinny shank Chimney pipe is only a 3.5mm bore through 2/3 of the stem, finishing at the original factory 3mm. The Pot is bored halfway at 4mm, then 3.5mm to the button.)

594C5A8E-7A70-462F-B76D-41BD98B9A310.jpeg

Less than a year ago these pipes were selling for $60 a piece, they're nearly double that now.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Good morning all. I’m enjoying a bowl of Bob‘s Chocolate Flake, and sipping a hot cup of joe, while sitting on the sunny side of the porch on this chilly morning.

It’s been awhile since the last time I posted. Life kept me on a Rollercoaster ride for a few months. My father suffered a heart attack from which he never recovered. He held on for 2 months, fighting like hell and enduring daily suffering. My evenings and weekends were spent by his bedside. His death has had a profound effect on me and I’m still trying to process life without him.

Exactly 4 weeks after my fathers death, we welcomed our first grandchild into the family. A beautiful baby girl named after my mother. She holds her Papa’s heart in her tiny little hand and has been the perfect medicine to heal a broken heart.

I‘m ready for life to return to some semblance of normalcy, and get back to my daily routine. I’ve missed relaxing with a pipe and hanging out with you guys. Things that were once taken for granted are now treated with great appreciation and gratitude.

Thank you to everyone that has reached out while I’ve been away. The kind words and gestures will always be remembered.

Cheers!

View attachment 181191
Condolences and congratulations. You've had quite a ride. Cherish the memories with your dad while making new ones with your granddaughter. Good to see you back.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.