PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Western Caccalack Hinterlands
I know muttonchop has done a big blend club program this past year focused on many of the Boswells blends on YouTube. I am posting here to say that they are a well run company that I know would do their founder proud.

When you order, they have your receipt and shipment put together and out the door quickly. Quality service is a precious gem in this age of dysfunction.

Well done Boswells. I like your blends, and I like doing business with you.

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
I just bought a brand new pipe from Boswell's online store. They're usually snatched up or out of my price range, but this time I got lucky. A nice freehand that smokes so damned clean. And the customer service was almost too good. Like, it would spoil me. The communication was constant and speedy, the pipe of high quality, and the service and presentation top-notch. My pipe came with a nail, cleaners, matches, and even an 1oz bag of baccy. Even the pipe sock was pretty damned nice. Man lives up to the hype. I also just dig is style; his pipes are big, rustic, and well-made, with many of them at decent prices when compared to similar artisans.

KBaz

Lurker
Dec 19, 2020
Love to try their Christmas Cookie. Living in Canada I am not sure I will be able to.

Anyone want to do a group order?

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Western Caccalack Hinterlands
J
I know I'll catch hell for this on here, but it bugs me they give no discount for ordering in bulk. 1lb is the same per ounce as if you were to only buy one ounce. It means they're blends are about $85/lb last I checked. Consequently I choose to spend my money elsewhere. Their choice. My choice.
JMB, I like the way the free market works. I would encourage any bulk discount. Have you asked them to consider it, or offer it to premium or registered customers as a promotion?

JohnMosesBrowning

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 5, 2018
Southeast Michigan
J

JMB, I like the way the free market works. I would encourage any bulk discount. Have you asked them to consider it, or offer it to premium or registered customers as a promotion?
I did indeed, but it's been a few years now since I contacted them and asked about it. I mean, I get it - if they don't need to discount to sell what they want/need to sell then they're doing just fine, etc. etc. I just find that virtually every other retailer out there does give a discount when ordering in bulk so I exercise my right to purchase from those businesses instead. And I'm not just talking about smokingpipes.com or pipesandcigars.com... Country Squire, et al. give discounts for larger quantities. I'm sure they're wonderful people, I mean nothing disparaging by any of it...just like I said above, they're choice, my choice.

Reactions: OverMountain

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Yes, Boswell's is top notch. The tobacco is nearly as phenomenal as their pipes. J.M. is a wonderful person and the shop is top notch. Stop in if you're able... it's worth it.

MikeDub

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2022
SoCal
I just got my 2nd Boswell pipe last week and I've ordered some of their tobacco as well. They ship fast, the pipe prices are reasonable, and the 2/3 of the tobacco's that I've tried have been phenomenal. I'll continue to do business with them and would easily recommend them to anyone considering purchasing pipes or tobaccos from them as well.

LongIslandPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2022
Just received my first order from them (Northwoods and Boswell best sampler) and couldn’t be happier. Very efficient, great tobacco and wonderful customer service. That alone is to be praised in today’s society. Looking to eventually have them make a ‘shotgun’ style pipe for me fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Reactions: OSOBUCO

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
Just received my first order from them (Northwoods and Boswell best sampler) and couldn’t be happier. Very efficient, great tobacco and wonderful customer service. That alone is to be praised in today’s society. Looking to eventually have them make a ‘shotgun’ style pipe for me fingers crossed 🤞🏼
What exactly is a shotgun style pipe?