PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeGarGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2022
First of all it’s bigger than my other pipes, heftier. I tried it without a screen as suggested in another thread. It smoked hotter without the screen but not as hot as the other ones probably due to its size. I needed more relights than with a screen but everyone says not to use the screen. After it cooled I took it apart to clean. It assembles and disassembles way smoother than the other ones. I don’t know much yet but it feels more expensive than my other pipes, but that could be in my head because I know it cost a lot more, lol. I like it more than my other ones. This is the smooth green Arcobelo 606ks Bent Billiard. I think I’m gonna save up and get the smooth blue Arcobelo 111ks Billiard next and then maybe a Peterson!

046C16A7-E9A3-4D9F-A72D-6749C552CE78.jpegA3E55E31-3D0B-4B93-8A5E-A127F6AB5EB2.jpegC60F61DB-76B9-49C1-AC35-AF1F5D429FA9.jpeg581C7BD3-E8E9-47AD-91EC-F3CC4FEEA2F1.jpegD2A5E046-9F00-4D7E-9712-128293993CD6.jpeg

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
My first two Savinelli's were a 606KS and a 111KS. They are my two latakia pipes and they smoke well.

The 606 hangs in a clench way more comfortably than its size would indicate, well balanced.

The 111 is a great interpretation of the classic billiard.

Make these pipes your minimal standard of expectation for how a pipe should treat you. None of my Savinelli's have been disappointing.

If you like the 606, consider the Stanwell 185 shape. Slightly thicker and even more comfortable for clenching.

Screens are for the smokers of devil weed.....

nnnn

Welcome to the forum!

1667756897393.png

PipeGarGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2022
First of all it’s bigger than my other pipes, heftier. I tried it without a screen as suggested in another thread. It smoked hotter without the screen but not as hot as the other ones probably due to its size. I needed more relights than with a screen but everyone says not to use the screen. After it cooled I took it apart to clean. It assembles and disassembles way smoother than the other ones. I don’t know much yet but it feels more expensive than my other pipes, but that could be in my head because I know it cost a lot more, lol. I like it more than my other ones. This is the smooth green Arcobelo 606ks Bent Billiard. I think I’m gonna save up and get the smooth blue Arcobelo 111ks Billiard next and then maybe a Peterson!

View attachment 179598View attachment 179599View attachment 179600View attachment 179601View attachment 179597
Smoked the Arcobaleno, think I got it right that time, with the screen this time. It smoked cooler, longer and fewer relights. So far I gotta say I’m a screen guy. Anyway, I’m saving the blue Arcobaleno for later, just ordered a Peterson Copper Army Heritage 6 from SP. hope it’s as good as you guys say, you haven’t steered me wrong yet!

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I have a blue Savinelli Arcobaleno 606KS that was a Christmas gift. It's a great smoker and hangs comfortably.

My only complaint is the color is wearing where I hold the bowl. Not a big deal and it adds character. However, I would not purchase one as a result.

Reactions: PipeGarGuy

PipeGarGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2022
I have a blue Savinelli Arcobaleno 606KS that was a Christmas gift. It's a great smoker and hangs comfortably.

My only complaint is the color is wearing where I hold the bowl. Not a big deal and it adds character. However, I would not purchase one as a result.
Thanks Amish Tyrant! That’s good information!

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant

PipeGarGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2022
I stumbled across a photo of my Arcobaleno that shows the wear from where I hold it when not clenching. It now has character, but I would buy another one as a result.

Hopefully the green color is holding up for you. Let us know how it's going.

View attachment 186022
Wow! You weren’t kidding. That really did fade! Mine is holding up fine but I’ve got a pretty big rotation. I’ll post it if it does start to fade!

Reactions: Briar Tuck

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
I just got a green Arcobaleno 626. Haven't smoked it yet. I was thinking that the color would hold up better with the smooth finish, but apparently not. I've got a pretty big rotation of pipes too, so hopefully it will last for a while.

PipeGarGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2022
I just got a green Arcobaleno 626. Haven't smoked it yet. I was thinking that the color would hold up better with the smooth finish, but apparently not. I've got a pretty big rotation of pipes too, so hopefully it will last for a while.
My Arcobaleno Green 606 and Blue 111 are both holding their colors but with my rotation I’ve only smoked them each about 3 or 4 times. Amish Tyrants picture is truly worth a thousand words though. If it happened to his pipe why wouldn’t it happen to ours. Hey Tyrant, how often did you smoke your Green for it to fade like that? Not that it should fade at all no matter how much you smoke it, I’m just curious…

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
My Arcobaleno Green 606 and Blue 111 are both holding their colors but with my rotation I’ve only smoked them each about 3 or 4 times. Amish Tyrants picture is truly worth a thousand words though. If it happened to his pipe why wouldn’t it happen to ours. Hey Tyrant, how often did you smoke your Green for it to fade like that? Not that it should fade at all no matter how much you smoke it, I’m just curious…
I received the Arcobaleno for Christmas last year. Typically, I only smoke on weekend mornings and would generally smoke it both days and on an odd day here and there.

As a result, I'm guessing it has under 100 smokes in it. The fading was noticable after maybe a month or two.

Great pipe, not one I would have initially purchased, and not one I would get again.

PipeGarGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2022
I received the Arcobaleno for Christmas last year. Typically, I only smoke on weekend mornings and would generally smoke it both days and on an odd day here and there.

As a result, I'm guessing it has under 100 smokes in it. The fading was noticable after maybe a month or two.

Great pipe, not one I would have initially purchased, and not one I would get again.
Wow! That really should’ve held up better than that! I wonder what Savinelli would do if you sent that picture to their customer service? I would definitely give it a try. They’re rumored to stand behind their product.