PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
When I came back from S Asia in the early Sixties I stayed with my Fathers parents, my Grandfather was a democrat and wanted me to go and register, didn’t tell him I was an Independent, went to the Courthouse and the Clerk of Courts office, told the lady I wanted to register, remember this parish was deeply democrat, she told me I had to register democrat. I told her independent she went and got the Gentleman who ran the office who proceeded to tell me I had to register democrat. I knew this Gentleman, who had a wooden leg, I told him I want Independent, he said democrat, I told him if you don’t register me independent then my service in S Asia was for nothing, then I will hop across this counter and take your wooden leg and beat you down. I was registered Indepent.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I am going to vote on election day and am praying my candidates win. For the first time I feel our form of government is threatened.
I have heard this exact sentiment expressed with great conviction by people on opposite sides of the aisle.

Of course, some of them are totally delusional, and the others are dead-on right! ;-)

What it really says to me is that polarization has begun to reach critical mass. This is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.