New Cigars
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Going into farming instead of cutting my property up and developing it earlier. This summer has been great traveling and living instead of fighting a damn tractor, the weather, and f’n price drops.

My second was not hiring someone else to handle the developing and contractor work earlier. Trying to do it myself in the beginning was wasted time and money.

Mmmm… also back about twenty years ago, I used to belong to a group that Mt Biked the WMA here at midnight once a month. At first it was beautiful. Cooler rides and wildlife that you’d never see in the day. My last ride it started to rain on our way back, I was bring up the rear, but at night in the rain, my headlamps were not reflecting off of anything. I knew that there was a stretch where we had to ride a narrow ledge on a huge cliff. I was just realizing, when… I found myself free falling. SLAM!! With my shoes still clipped in.

It didn’t hurt at all. Till I stood up, then SNAP! I felt my hip shear the ball off the top of my leg. I was the rear, so I knew that no one would know where I was.

I had an old Nokia phone that I ised to call 911. They used the airports to triangulate where I was and sent a helicopter in about 20 minutes latter. Fast. I just laid there.

Long story short. It was the Bo Jackson break. They pinned it and it healed, but soon I am going to need a new hip. I am wearing away the surface on the joint, and it gives me a hitch in my gettalong on rainy days.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Going into farming instead of cutting my property up and developing it earlier. This summer has been great traveling and living instead of fighting a damn tractor, the weather, and f’n price drops.

My second was not hiring someone else to handle the developing and contractor work earlier. Trying to do it myself in the beginning was wasted time and money.

Mmmm… also back about twenty years ago, I used to belong to a group that Mt Biked the WMA here at midnight once a month. At first it was beautiful. Cooler rides and wildlife that you’d never see in the day. My last ride it started to rain on our way back, I was bring up the rear, but at night in the rain, my headlamps were not reflecting off of anything. I knew that there was a stretch where we had to ride a narrow ledge on a huge cliff. I was just realizing, when… I found myself free falling. SLAM!! With my shoes still clipped in.

It didn’t hurt at all. Till I stood up, then SNAP! I felt my hip shear the ball off the top of my leg. I was the rear, so I knew that no one would know where I was.

I had an old Nokia phone that I ised to call 911. They used the airports to triangulate where I was and sent a helicopter in about 20 minutes latter. Fast. I just laid there.

Long story short. It was the Bo Jackson break. They pinned it and it healed, but soon I am going to need a new hip. I am wearing away the surface on the joint, and it gives me a hitch in my gettalong on rainy days.
This is why I love having you old timers around. Great life lessons like "don't ride your bike off a cliff"

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013

All that sounds well-considered going IN, though.

What about something you knew was world-class stupid at the time but did it anyway?

All that sounds well-considered going IN, though.

What about something you knew was world-class stupid at the time but did it anyway?
To be fair… absolutely everyone warned me about farming, even other farmers were like.., “farming is stupid. You’re going to lose money.” Even the AG officer I set down with was like, “you know there’s no money in it, right?” Ha ha. My thinking was that if I broke even, I would at least not have to pay property taxes. Then you watch a half a million dollar combine catch on fire… all the neighbors shaking their heads and telling me about their combines catching on fire… now I know, it’s just not a smart thing. Sounds honorable, but…

Dyakoff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2022
Ukraine
I bought 10 when they were $40 in 2017/18. Sold them about a month later for a small loss because the more research I did, the less confident I became. 😂
Don’t worry bout it too much. There is no way you would have held onto them till now. Best case scenario: you would have sold them at 100 thinking it was your smartest decision. If by any chance you chose to wait till 200 it still wouldn’t have brought you any life changing profit.
Under no circumstances you would have been waiting till 3000.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Don’t worry bout it too much. There is no way you would have held onto them till now. Best case scenario: you would have sold them at 100 thinking it was your smartest decision. If by any chance you chose to wait till 200 it still wouldn’t have brought you any life changing profit.
Under no circumstances you would have been waiting till 3000.
Probably right

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Turned down an offer to be one of the first couple dozen employees at Amazon.

That brings to mind a story ---

I was in a band whose drummer's brother was a first dozen hire at Google. Took every stock option, slept in his office on a cot, etc.

Sold it all after Google went public in the mid-2000's for 440 million.

Then started a Facebook competitor when it hit the big time a few years later. (hello, shakedown lol)

Because of his track record (he'd developed Gmail), had unlimited money, and knew lots of good potential staffers, The Zuckerdroid was forced to take him seriously.

Here he is selling all rights and interest in the project (which was simply shut down, of course) for 50 million on his back yard deck.

He's now a billionaire.

Attachments

• IMG_2838.JPG
    IMG_2838.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 32

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
I feel like had video phones been around when I was a youth I may have made the cut for that YouTube video.

I thought I could be a ram. I put on one of those old school thin plastic football helmets and decided to go head strong into a concrete planter. Why you ask? Weird. I don’t remember. . . .but college was fun.

• Haha
Reactions: dctune