PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. I've been to NOLA a few times -- once as an adventure when I was on leave from the Navy; once on my honeymoon when my late wife and I married (I've remarried after a ten-year gap), and twice on business. I have a friend who grew up and taught in NOLA, lived in Stuttgart Germany for years after he retired, and now is back near NOLA again, across the lake near the causeway. I haven't been back since Katrina, alas. I grew up in Chicagoland.

Reactions: Indygrap

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi there everyone! I’m looking forward to engaging with & learning from the group.
A little about myself, I’m new to smoking pipes, & I wanted an alternative to cigs. I grew up in Indiana, but now call New Orleans home. I’m a big fan of Cornell & Diehl tobacco, specifically Joie de Vivre & John Marr.
Thanks for having me & I look forward to learning more about this fun lifestyle.
Welcome to the forum! There is a lot to learn and try out, so enjoy the ride.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Welcome from Slidell.

The New Orleans Pipe club meets either the third or fourth Wednesday of each month at Mayan Imports in Metairie from 5:30 to 8:00 pm. Our next meeting is on November 30.

Since we restarted having in-person meetings in August, we are averaging 10 to 12 pipe smokers at each meeting. We sit around, smoke our pipes and share tobacco blends.

All pipe smokers are invited.

guylesss

Can't Leave
May 13, 2020
Brooklyn, NY
Welcome from Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Fond memories of Mother's shrimp po boys on Fridays, late nights at the Napoleon House, Tip's, and dinners of beignets when I missed the 10pm last call at Kay Pauls. Most of all I miss my apartment at 825 Bourbon Street and the wicked beauties who sold lingerie at Fleur de Paris (in what had been one of William Faulkner's houses in the Quarter).

Indygrap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
New Orleans, LA
Welcome from Slidell.

The New Orleans Pipe club meets either the third or fourth Wednesday of each month at Mayan Imports in Metairie from 5:30 to 8:00 pm. Our next meeting is on November 30.

Since we restarted having in-person meetings in August, we are averaging 10 to 12 pipe smokers at each meeting. We sit around, smoke our pipes and share tobacco blends.

All pipe smokers are invited.
Right on! Thanks & I’ll try to make it

Indygrap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
New Orleans, LA
Welcome from Atlanta, Georgia!

What part of Indiana did you call home? I grew up in South Bend with lots of family in and around there and Niles.
I grew up in souther Indiana about 30 mi up I-65 from Louisville. I’ve moved around a lot since then, but lived in Indianapolis for about 4 years before moving back to New Orleans. My brother lives in Atlanta now though. He’s been there for 6+ years & loves it.

Reactions: JEdwards