PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Other than the information online about Parker, rhetorically speaking of, is there really anything else here mysterious going. I thought it was pretty simple, Alfred’s seconds, that weren’t good enough to be called Dunhills, but are actually suppose to smoke as nice.

But really, at auction now, bidded at $300, ouch, I would of thought you could buy a pipe like this for a $150 :(

hmm 🤔

Reactions: Papamique

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Yes, it’s an Unsmoked Patent, but Parker, really...

sheesh... :(

Need to get that time machine working, to go back and buy the pipe for what it’s really worth! LOL 😆

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
With oldie collectors, pretty much the only thing that matters is condition.

Brand, shape, and so forth is secondary. They want the Time Machine Experience.

Two of them is all it takes to drive a pipe's price to a level that NON oldie collectors think is too high.

Different strokes...

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
What bothers me, is that I hope, if I really ever need money someday, I won’t be the kind of person that sells something to the highest bidder.

• Sad
Reactions: peteguy

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I’m just gonna keep my mouth shut...
🤬

LOL 😆

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I’m not sure folks that sell things at auctions are a “kind”?

Nope, not like I see here in this great place, I have been so fortunate to be a part of.

I see here, and I see there, and they are two different worlds, sad to say.

SO, I hope to always be the kind hearted, towards others, as I’ve been generously treated here! ❤️

P.S. I meant before, I’ll keep my mouth shut about what I’d really love to say on this topic. LOL 😆

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Nope, not like I see here in this great place, I have been so fortunate to be a part of.

I see here, and I see there, and they are two different worlds, sad to say.

SO, I hope to always be the kind hearted, towards others, as I’ve been generously treated here! ❤️

P.S. I meant before, I’ll keep my mouth shut about what I’d really love to say on this topic. LOL 😆
I thought the family members at my grandparents’ estate auction many years ago and the folks who showed up were all nice people, been to a lot of farm auctions and other auctions in my lifetime, just a way of selling things that can maximize return and is often the most convenient way. I don’t think people selling on eBay are homogeneous, nor can sweeping value judgments be made about them - like any sale, it’s a willing buyer and a willing seller, no motives need be ascribed either way.