PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Solani Aged Burley Flake, I let a flake dry like 6-7 hours to get pretty crisp, I was going to fold and stuff, but I chickened out. I was afraid it would still require a lot of lights. So I rubbed it a bit, which turned out to be slivers.

I just love the earthy/herbal note this Burely has, it’s what’s really drawn me to it. It turned out really smooth and nice, even with this dry time.

In my Dr. Grabow: Commodore 65 Zulu, dated from 1967-1969, vulcanite stem, metal screw-in tenon, no stinger.

Hope all are good/well! ❤️

5382D552-19C3-45B1-A95B-D6538ABB4207.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Finished work for the day, but I've other things to do.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I barely know any of them. 😁 I only ever tried three taxed pipe tobaccos.
Clan, Brigg Regular and Farmer Tabak.
@Chaukisch Do you think these fit my description of "Clay King"???
Which of these do you think sounds most like "Clay King"???
I think the Sutliff J6 Golden Cavendish is the closest match but contains burley. However, I believe Burley was around in the 17th / 18th Century. However, "Clay King" does NOT contain Latakia...

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Which of these do you think sounds most like "Clay King"???
Let's see... I don't know @JimInks but I trust his royal palate and he didn't seem to care much for Finck's Golden Cavendish or Sutliff's J6, giving both a 2/4. That's not at all suitable for the King so out the window it goes.
Personally I start salivating when I see the American Golden Cavendish and Sutliff's B27, but they're as dark as peat from the Scottish fenlands, lacking much of the golden shine that the King holds so dear.

I say Lane HS3. It's got that gold shine, is supposed to be mild and has great reviews.
And I'm sure it wouldn't be much of a problem to find a really nice straight Virginia that fits in.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Let's see... I don't know @JimInks but I trust his royal palate and he didn't seem to care much for Finck's Golden Cavendish or Sutliff's J6, giving both a 2/4. That's not at all suitable for the King so out the window it goes.
Personally I start salivating when I see the American Golden Cavendish and Sutliff's B27, but they're as dark as peat from the Scottish fenlands, lacking much of the golden shine that the King holds so dear.

I say Lane HS3. It's got that gold shine, is supposed to be mild and has great reviews.
And I'm sure it wouldn't be much of a problem to find a really nice straight Virginia that fits in.
@Chaukisch I'll have to get an ounce of each when I order from Smokingpipes again:)
So Lane HS3 is my golden "Clay King"???
Do you think the Clay King 👑 will miss his pipes and baccy during Stoptober next month???
All hail the Clay King 👑!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

@Chaukisch I think you've found the Clay King his golden "Clay King":)

Status
Not open for further replies.