Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
Never tried the 2018 version but I've been pretty let down by C&D aromatics in the past particularly seasonal ones. Is St. Nick a standout?
it depends on your tastes. It's a va/per/cav with an orange/ginger topping and it is a noticeable topping. If you don't like like any of those things, it would not make sense to pick it up. The topping is pretty unique and it's my wife's favorite for me to smoke in the house. It is an aromatic, 100% though so be OK with that.

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
It's freaking August still. They probably have a boatload of it in their storerooms, so I'm not exactly gonna worry about them running out anytime soon. And if they do, c'est la vie.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Yeah.

I went ahead and bought three tins.

I'm just curious why Priority Mail ($10) will take until Tuesday or Wednesday next week and Regular First Class Mail ($5.65) will be here Friday.

Reactions: scloyd and STP

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I grabbed a few - look forward to trying it sometime after Thanksgiving and some will become seasonal gifts - and although I'm a Zippo guy (and if I can get the darn spring compressed and get a new flint in the Beattie I love that thing) - I figured I should have one of those green Peterson lighters, just because, so shipping was free!

Reactions: STP and Kobold

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
Part of me wants to try it because it sounds like a pretty unique blend. However, another part, and the one that is most persuasive, bristles at the constant encroachment of Christmas products into the consumer market. Every year, Christmas comes sooner and sooner, lasts longer and longer, and dilutes the much superior Halloween and Thanksgiving holidays. I must pass on principle, hard as that may be.

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
Sold out? We'll probably see it on Tinbids for only $30 a tin. :ROFLMAO:

If that’s really all they had for this release, which I doubt, it will really make it easy to just stop buying C&D blends.

they’re turning into the the Buffalo Trace of pipe tobacco.

Every new release is allocated and such a big buzz, I’d rather just grab something else.

Reactions: Elric
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I'd be shocked if it wasn't restocked. Unless there's a change, they aren't serialized like small batch releases or other seasonal blends. My 2018 tins were not and I just checked a tin of We Three Kinds from last year (tinned in August for anyone claiming it's too early) and it's also not.

It's usually around for a while so I'm hoping that continues to be the case this year.