PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander McBragg

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2021
Wisconsin
Totally not the same.
everyone has the right to do what they want. If you want to screw your fellow pipe smoker go ahead. Its not something I’d ever do but as so many have pointed out “it’s the American way” so go straight ahead. but there’s no difference from buying all the beer or all the toilet paper or all the art if your intentions are to sell to the next guy that never had a chance to get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: stearmandriver

Commander McBragg

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2021
Wisconsin
This may have already been discussed or may make people upset. I don’t mean any disrespect just curious of what others think. So recently C&D released a short batch of the Sun Bear. It went for sale at midnight on a Sunday and some places were sold out by 12:04 am shortly after midnight. Now people are selling these tobaccos for unrealistic prices. What are your thoughts? I know everyone has the right to buy what they want. My thoughts are these businesses must know people are selling these after the fact. My personal thoughts are when short batches come up they should limit the sale to 10 per customer. this is just my own humble opinion. Just curious what others think. Oh and I bought enough to last me for the year. Less than 10. Just I know some people were really looking forward to buying some and they never had the chance.
Here’s what I originally posted. Just for the record I think we Should move back to the original post

Reactions: FLDRD

Philosopiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2021
The reselling is all part of the companies’ scheme to grow their reputation. The reselling makes the products seem in way greater demand, and thus, as way greater quality, than a mere sell-out of the products would ever do.

Reactions: Commander McBragg

Commander McBragg

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2021
Wisconsin
The reselling is all part of the companies’ scheme to grow their reputation. The reselling makes the products seem in way greater demand, and thus, as way greater quality, than a mere sell-out of the products would ever do.
you nailed it on the head! And if it was just a normal everyday blend they never would have come close to selling 15000 in less than 24 hours.

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
everyone has the right to do what they want. If you want to screw your fellow pipe smoker go ahead. Its not something I’d ever do but as so many have pointed out “it’s the American way” so go straight ahead. but there’s no difference from buying all the beer or all the toilet paper or all the art if your intentions are to sell to the next guy that never had a chance to get it.
Oh? I want to screw over fellow pipe smokers? I feel like this whole thread that you posted was just to illustrate that you are a good boy. It’s not just the “American way”. Happens all over the world.

PuffingWalrus

Lurker
Jul 31, 2022
Brattleboro VT
This may have already been discussed or may make people upset. I don’t mean any disrespect just curious of what others think. So recently C&D released a short batch of the Sun Bear. It went for sale at midnight on a Sunday and some places were sold out by 12:04 am shortly after midnight. Now people are selling these tobaccos for unrealistic prices. What are your thoughts? I know everyone has the right to buy what they want. My thoughts are these businesses must know people are selling these after the fact. My personal thoughts are when short batches come up they should limit the sale to 10 per customer. this is just my own humble opinion. Just curious what others think. Oh and I bought enough to last me for the year. Less than 10. Just I know some people were really looking forward to buying some and they never had the chance.
I cant speak for other online retailers, but i know smokingpipses had a 10 tin limit. There limits are set for. 24 hours ("only 10 tins a day). The 24 hours never matter with those small batch realieces on account of the fact they are all gone in under 2.

Commander McBragg

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2021
Wisconsin
I cant speak for other online retailers, but i know smokingpipses had a 10 tin limit. There limits are set for. 24 hours ("only 10 tins a day). The 24 hours never matter with those small batch realieces on account of the fact they are all gone in under 2.
tobaccopipes were sold out in less than 4 mins

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
There are plenty of companies that build their myth on secondary market, Drew Estates did it, and the entire Pappy van Winkle line is only known and sought after because of secondary market, something which more and more distillers and small breweries are banking on, literally and figuratively.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Such actions are an individual phenomenon only. Not all "Americans" are the same any more than all Ukranians or Russians or Italians or Mexicans are the same.
Individualism, not groupism or racism.

Commander McBragg

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2021
Wisconsin
Such actions are an individual phenomenon only. Not all "Americans" are the same any more than all Ukranians or Russians or Italians or Mexicans are the same.
Individualism, not groupism or racism.
I only quoted “the American way” as that was what was being said.

Reactions: FLDRD
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
It’s the same as when people were running into Walmart buying all the hand sanitizer and toilet paper. Of course the people buying it after the fact were happy to get it as they never had a chance to buy it for the normal price because someone went and bought it all up. There’s no childish envy that I have read on any of these posts. Just a lot of people discussing their humble opinions as you have also done. This is just a discussion.

I know its a discussion, that's what I'm doing..

You just can't be mad because a guy has something you want. Especially when said guy is trying to sell said item to ya.

And you can't just shit on the idea of a free market system and act as though everyone else has quit capitalism too.

Reactions: alan73 and Kobold

Commander McBragg

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2021
Wisconsin
I know its a discussion, that's what I'm doing..

You just can't be mad because a guy has something you want. Especially when said guy is trying to sell said item to ya.

And you can't just shit on the idea of a free market system and act as though everyone else has quit capitalism too.
I’m sorry you feel the need to swear and bring politics into this.

• Haha
Reactions: Kobold
Status
Not open for further replies.