PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dr. Van Loafer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2022
Indiana
Thanks for the reality check! I have been smoking a pipe for about a decade, but not more than once a month and only in the past 6 months discovered the retrohale technique. Then discovered I have been smoking way too hot. Trying to retrain and undo and smoke cooler to actually taste the tobacco and not just burnt ash.
HoosierPipeGuy, re-read my reply to you from late last evening and realized it could be read as sarcastic or smug. That was not my intent, as I truly appreciated the reality check you supplied of remembering it is burning leaves with nicotine. Thank you for that and apologies if my message offended in any way. Appreciate your wisdom as a fellow Hoosier.

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
Ahh okay so maybe a combo of perique and puffing too much. I am not sure how much Perique is in Fusilier’s Ration, but perhaps it is higher than other blends. I have some pure perique in a tin for home blending, but have not gotten the courage mustered up to try it on its own.
I will be honest with you here, I have not had the temerity to try parique on its own. I am still a newbie in this game and, although I love a parique-heavy blend, I am not sure I want to go on that rollercoaster just yet. However, should you endeavor to try, please report back your findings. :)

Dr. Van Loafer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2022
Indiana
I will be honest with you here, I have not had the temerity to try parique on its own. I am still a newbie in this game and, although I love a parique-heavy blend, I am not sure I want to go on that rollercoaster just yet. However, should you endeavor to try, please report back your findings. :)
Will do!