PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I just wanted to share a short story with everyone.

Last May we sold our home. For the past 235 days I have been living with my family in a 32ft travel trailer while we built our new residence on the 8 acres we purchased a few years ago in preparation for my wife's military retirement. Yesterday we got the keys!

We moved in a table last night to have dinner. Our furniture & household goods start being delivered today. By tomorrow evening, my study will be pretty much setup.

Right now it's just an empty 12x20 room in the basement with a dedicated exhaust fan... I'll post pictures once I get it all setup.

View attachment 119780

View attachment 119779
That looks fantastic. A quiet place. I love it. No city noise.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Thanks for posting. Pictures of members "man caves" are an inspiration for those of us who still aspire to "cave" ownership some day.

Reactions: JOHN72
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Very cool. Nice job. I like the sitting area being separate from the workspace.

I just got my office put back together after more than 1 year. We had some flooding after Michigan's monsoon season last year. Got new basement rods and finally had new carpeting installed with fresh paint. Redoing the basement was on the list and it got jump started with the flood.

My pipes and tobacco remain in the garage, but I finally have my own space (not including my separate bathroom, which I highly recommend when living with two females - or even one for that matter).

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the study, a real man cave. I especially like the setting, a thousand miles of elbow room. You'll get some pretty sun rises and sunsets, and some great views of the heavens. Looks like not too much light pollution, and not much of that you don't control. That's a nifty travel trailer too!

Reactions: Streeper541
Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Reactions: Streeper541