PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
Wow what a beautiful pipe. What line is that?

I have a featherweight bent Dublin that was my best smoker, untill I stupidly ruined the stem. Was just thinking about trying to get a new one for it today.
It’s a flame grain!

Around 14cm, 42g. A little heavier on the teeth than most of my pipes but I’ll get used to it.

Just about to finish my first bowl. Seems it’s already broken in. Wonderful smoker.

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
Really nice straight grain. Id say that's a fantastic first Stanwell. What the airway like on it?
Thanks!

Perfectly drilled, a little tighter than a 6mm savinelli, but not as tight as my 3mm savinelli petite billiard. Effortless draw.

Before buying I requested to perform a pipe cleaner test. The shop gladly agreed and even gave me a pipe cleaner.

Reactions: AppalachianPipe92

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
Congrat, stunning grain, great shape . My first pipe was a Stanwell and my last one will be.
Best affordable factory made pipes imho. with very detailed finishing and an amazing shape chart.
I’m quite impressed with the brand.

Smoked great from the first bowl. Delivered great flavor, no weird taste…

I’ve got to say. I’m all for tradicional shapes, billiards, pots and so on, so it took a while in the shop to pull the trigger.

But looking at it now while smoking, I don’t know why it initially stroke me as a not old school tradicional shape.

It’s straight, it’s a Dublin, it’s not large and doesn’t have any flashy elements.

So yeah, it fits my bill.

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
That's a keeper!

I love my Stanwells.

If that has the conical chamber, try some Virginia Flakes in it. I've found the combination to work well together.

View attachment 162743
I certainly will. But first some burley ?

And yes, it’s conical. I’m finding that it burns all the way down more easily than my billiards.

Interesting ?

n_irwin

Can't Leave
Apr 15, 2022
Oklahoma, USA
The grain on this pipe is really nice. I have a number of Stanwells in my rotation, and I really enjoy smoking them. In fact, the pipe that was gifted to me that started me off on pipes was a Stanwell.

Reactions: Alex.Jr

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
Yes my stanwell Dublin, was one of my best smokers. I love the conical bowls.
I’ll say this. First bowl of Virginia now (amphora).

I’m tasting a kind of sweetness that none of my billiards deliver. Truly amazing.

I guess that’s only my first Dublin.

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
Nice lookin' pipe. IMO Stanwell is under-appreciated, I prefer them to Savinelli.
I have 4 savinellis and this stanwell seems to be a better overall smoker. So far at least.

I love my savinellis, they are great, but I think you’re right, we don’t see a lot about stanwell.

By the way, this pipe was cheaper than all my savs, by a considerable margin.