PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I’ve never been a regular coffee drinker, and I doubt I could tell the difference between Folgers and something high end. But I like coffee as a natural caffeine source if I need a bump. On a suggestion from a friend I added some Ovaltine mixed with some half and half to a cup of coffee, and it was pretty damned good.

I await the ridicule of coffee fanatics

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Like with tobacco, I can be a coffee snob, but also can endure the available offerings as necessary.

At home, I grind my beans and use a press but on the road I've had "gas station mocha" on many occasions.

I hold the button on the hot chocolate machine for 3 seconds, then top it off with whichever drip pot smells the least like drain cleaner.

And let's not even mention the army days....

1660338370482.png

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Like with tobacco, I can be a coffee snob, but also can endure the available offerings as necessary.

At home, I grind my beans and use a press but on the road I've had "gas station mocha" on many occasions.

I hold the button on the hot chocolate machine for 3 seconds, then top it off with whichever drip pot smells the least like drain cleaner.

And let's not even mention the army days....

View attachment 162450
You don’t roast your own beans? Hmmmmpffth

?

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
You don’t roast your own beans? Hmmmmpffth

Nor do I pluck them from the feces of a wildcat...

1660346594962.png

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
After Navy coffee on the mid-watch at sea, chicory and rust, most coffee tastes pretty good to me. I like weak diner coffee, Starbucks burnt roast, McDonald's which is way better than you'd expect, and even decaf which I am impelled to drink for various health reasons. So Ovaltine in coffee? It sounds like a nice change of pace to me. If I could drink the coffee I like best, I'd be a major coffee snob, but not under my circumstances. My wife is a purist, dark roasts in a French press almost exclusively, but she is understanding about my predicament. I do insist on making my coffee at home in a stove-top percolator, the only way. I do love cats, but not cats digesting my coffee beans.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Sounds pretty good actually. I loved me some Ovaltine as a kid. I’m not a coffee purist by any stretch of the imagination, do enjoy a cup with a pipe but I always add cream and sugar. Never been a fan of it black, although, I always hear that real men drink it black, funny that real men need to claim such things.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like milk in my coffee. Black is too acidic, cream is too thick, and I don't take sugar in coffee or tea. Artificial sweeteners are unpleasant in anything, to me. Diet sodas taste the way hand sanitizers smell, to me.

Reactions: puff_not_snuff