PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
The two pipes I mentioned in my intro are my regular pipes - a Dunhill County straight prince (3107) which is an ideal size for me since I usually only have time for "shorter" 30ish minute smokes during the week days. My new Castello opera looks tiny but is more of a 45 minute smoke for me.
Good pipe choices.

I have a Dunhill group 1 apple which gives me a nice short smoke.
I have quite a few older Britwoods (including 3 operas) which tend to be group 2-4 in size.

I'm a weekend smoker - generally 2 bowls (different blends) back-to-back.
Occasionally I will pick a pipe with a larger bowl , but 2 smokes of 30-40 minutes each are my sweet spot.

Pipingntrucking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 9, 2022
Zebulon-JoCo NC
I'm a card-carrying member of Mensa. I am in an all-druid raiding guild in World of Warcraft (that I have played for 17 years). I go to the Renaissance Festival every year and dress up for it. I make custom fountain pens on a wordworking lathe. Take your pick, I'm lots of kinds of nerd.
Welcome from JoCo NC. I quit WoW after they went Kung Fu panda. Never could get back into the story lines. I do some lathe work but haven't tried my hand at fountain pins yet......yet. +1 on White Rose also recommend the Wilkes Vermont Maple. Just tried it myself this past week and love it. Actually used some OHM Silver to mix in it to 1- make it last and 2- gives it kind of a warmer maple taste.

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
Hello friends. I got my first pipe in college with a 2 oz bag of bulk cherry cavendish from Leavitt & Peirce in Cambridge, MA. I had a tough go of keeping it lit so took up cigars instead. About 10 years ago, I got the itch to try again and bought a basket pipe and some tins recommended by an employee at De La Concha Tobacconist in NYC (RIP). I believe there was a tin of Davidoff and a couple McClelland blends in that batch. Smoked for about a year and then stopped. I picked it up again earlier this year and bought a Dunhill straight prince and several 1 oz bulk samples. I've been going strong since (adding a Castello Opera to the collection during a recent trip to Iwan Ries). I've been mostly smoking aromatics with my current favorites being Autumn Evening, Cult Blood Red Moon, Country Squire White Rose, and the 4noggins Hobbit Weed Match. Nicotine hits me pretty hard so I stick to the low-nic aros. Looking forward to the fall and winter seasonal blend releases. I'm open to recommendations on pipes and tobacco. Thanks!
Welcome from Virginia

Reactions: nerdgirlpipes

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Speaking of New York City, my wife spent her career as a journalist in Manhattan and Long Island, living for decades in Greenwich Village and reviewing restaurants for New York Newsday, while it lasted, and before and after that doing reporting and a column for Newsday on Long Island. Driving in NYC is separate skill set above driving itself, and so is parking.

Reactions: puff_not_snuff

nerdgirlpipes

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2022
New York
Speaking of New York City, my wife spent her career as a journalist in Manhattan and Long Island, living for decades in Greenwich Village and reviewing restaurants for New York Newsday, while it lasted, and before and after that doing reporting and a column for Newsday on Long Island. Driving in NYC is separate skill set above driving itself, and so is parking.
Parking and driving in NYC is even a whole new skill set today with bike lanes, outdoor dining pavilions, and Uber drivers to navigate!