PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

The Sherpa

Lurker
Aug 7, 2022
Hi folks,

Just wanted to pop in, say “hi”, and introduce myself.

A few pipe related facts about me:

I’ve been enjoying this wonderful hobby for the past 15 years (man, time sure does fly by).

I absolutely loved anything with Latakia and/or Oriental in it.

G.L. Pease, Samuel Gawith, Gawith, Hoggarth & Co., and L.J. Peretti are some of my favorite blender

My favorite pipe makers are Castello (for factory) and J. Alan (for artisan).

Bulldog and Blowfish are my 2 favorite pipe shapes.

Some non-pipe related facts:

I am married, with 2 amazing kiddos (10 y/o son and an 8 y/o daughter).

I run a global team that supports HR software from a systems administration perspective for my company.

Some of my current hobbies include; reading, journaling, fountain pens, building computers, taking my Jeep out on the trails, and photography.

My other guilty pleasure, besides a good pipe, is a good dram. I enjoy all whisk(e)y, but must say bourbon is my favorite. Michter’s Sour Mash and Old Forester 1910 are my two current go to’s.

Looking forward to meeting and getting to know you all!

- The Sherpa

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. Both sides of my family have Massachusetts roots, but all moved Westward to the wilds of Illinois, and then I came to school and married down here. I enjoy most genres of pipe tobacco but am first a burley devotee.

Reactions: The Sherpa

The Sherpa

Lurker
Aug 7, 2022
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. Both sides of my family have Massachusetts roots, but all moved Westward to the wilds of Illinois, and then I came to school and married down here. I enjoy most genres of pipe tobacco but am first a burley devotee.
I kind of did the opposite. Grew up in the south (Florida, to be exact) and then moved up north :).