Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I have three different lengths of the American version before they moved production to the UK and like them well enough. I have a bag of the rings, but, find they restrict the draw too much and tend not to use them. I’m glad I have them and they come around in my rotation eventually. Now that I’ve been told the new bowls will fit the older stems, I’ll eventually pick up some extra bowls.

Reactions: edger and romaso

Piping Abe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2021
Georgia, USA
Are the bent ones comfortable when clenching? On most of my bent pipes the mouthpiece is parallel with the top of the bowl, but on the Falcon photos I've seen, the mouthpiece seems to angle upward.

And also, is there any problem with liquid condensing in the metal base and travelling up the stem? I thought a bent might help prevent that, if it's a problem.

The bowls seem to vary a good bit in size. Luckily I found a good guide to them:
Falcon Pipes #1 Guide [Infograph] - Create a 7-day set - TobaccoPipes.com
Thanks for the info! May have to get one!

View attachment 160417

Theres straight, Curved and Bent. Curved is a straight stem with a slighly curved stem. Bent is the one you have pictured.

I have a curved and Bent Falcon. I actually prefer the bent for clenching. The Curved sits real well but if you use a bigger bowl it can seem a little heavy at the end. No issues with heavy bowls with the Bent Falcon stem.

I do use dry rings if I have them but never repurchase. As others have said, a flick and your good.

Reactions: edger and romaso

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I have never liked the look of falcons, but I've always enjoyed the "idea" of them. Probably something I should investigate at some point. I had one without a mouthpiece. It also turned me off that they don't thread in, and can't be replaced so easily.

However this one pictures looks awesome.
Who sells them?
I got mine from 'mysmokingshop' here in England. Other shops like GQ Tobaccos & The Black Swan have a good stock also. Might be worth your while looking, even with the postage could work out cheaper than the states I suppose.
@romaso sorry for the late reply but I see piping abe has already answered your question. I'll just add that 'bantam' bowls are still being made, even though the stems aren't.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I've been amongst Falcon users for 50 years....since I was a laddie in Scotland. I love them. My newest one is a sexy black beauty which I bought here in Argentina.....it certainly attracts the senoritas.

20220721-175402.jpg
Señoritas? Senior Rita's more like! Lol
image.jpeg

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I've collected 28 bowls and 11 stems over the years to include corn cob bowls, meerschaum bowls and colored bowls (pictured below). I guess you could say I'm a fan of Falcons.
View attachment 160142
I keep my stems and bowls in this type of case when I travel for overnight trips.
View attachment 160147
Most impressive @ray47 !?
Very 'Man in a Suitcase / James Bondish'.
I've always thought there was 'something of the night' about our Ray. From his avatar you get that menacing demeanour & chilling stare. He refers to taking his box of Falcons on 'overnight trips'. Which Is probably code for covert ops or govt sanctioned hits.
We've always known Falcons to be popular with both the man & the millionaire. We can now say also popular with the secret services & international men of mystery...like our Ray!?
image.jpeg

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I've always thought there was 'something of the night' about our Ray. From his avatar you get that menacing demeanour & chilling stare. He refers to taking his box of Falcons on 'overnight trips'. Which Is probably code for covert ops or govt sanctioned hits.
We've always known Falcons to be popular with both the man & the millionaire. We can now say also popular with the secret services & international men of mystery...like our Ray!?
View attachment 160656
You know me so well rotf .

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
View attachment 160656
And Roger Moore smoked a Falcon!

Franco Pipenbeans

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 7, 2021
Yorkshire, England
042FEA5A-3437-4979-8C6F-4A37E6ED7A0B.jpeg
Fan. They’re hard as nails, smoke well, last a lifetime.

At the moment I’m smoking the daylights out of a pair of Falcon ‘Coolway’ pipes. These are really good pipes, affordable (£23-30 ish) and they smoke really well. I’ve found that (with a little tinkering) 6mm cigarette filters can be used in the stems - these are a fraction of the price of a pack of Falcon 6mm filters.

9597911F-70FF-4EB7-8238-74B0F773B467.jpeg

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
I've been looking at Falcon bowls at tobaccopipes.com, and the chamber dimensions (width & depth) vary alot within the same series. For example, the Dover bowls vary from 0.85 - 0.93 in chamber width and 1.2 - 1.38 in chamber depth. None are listed as Bantam. Is this accurate, do the bowls vary widely in chamber size, even within the same series?

It may be that the Hunter bowls differ from other finishes...

Reactions: edger