PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Alphas sometimes simply step in and fill the void when necessary and then disappear into the background after fixing a situation or solving a thorny problem.
Sounds more like a Sigma , step in when needed , but don’t play the game, betas become alphas when there are no alphas around and alphas become betas to a more powerful alpha but sigmas are always sigmas even when they hang out with other sigmas ( which they usually do) no jockeying for position because that game is pointless , just get in and get it done and move on , shut up and have a good time, or so they say …lol

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That's almost always the case...about the most you can hope for in a movie taken from a novel is that it doesn't butcher it and manages to capture the spirit of it.
Been a big fan of Richard Matheson's works since very early in my life.

Reactions: brian64

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Been a big fan of Richard Matheson's works since very early in my life.
I never read any Matheson, and I read mostly non-fiction these days, but the closest thing for me would be Philip K. Dick...read many of his books in the past...and like Matheson, he's been a Hollywood favorite for movie adaptations.

Funny thing with PKD though is I can't really compare the writings with the movies because I have only read his novels...never got around to the short stories...and only one of the movies was from a novel...A Scanner Darkly...and imo they did a great job with that one.

• Love
Reactions: Chasing Embers
Those are "wanna be" Alphas. True Alphas simply are what they are because the lessor members devolved authority to them, recognizing the inbred power. The chosen simply accept, knowing they can do the job, accepting the authority and the responsibilities. And, when a proper challenger appears, in some societies simply step aside and disappear or, contest.
Amen.

If you have to declare to others that you're an Alpha, you're not really an Alpha....

Reactions: vosBghos