Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
Questions that remain are: what would be an "acceptable" level of nicotine, how would that be controlled in tobacco not processed like big name cigarette tobacco, and the ever popular question, would this apply to pipes and cigars?

Aaaaaand GO!

jiminy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Questions that remain are: what would be an "acceptable" level of nicotine, how would that be controlled in tobacco not processed like big name cigarette tobacco, and the ever popular question, would this apply to pipes and cigars?

Aaaaaand GO!
My guess is that the major tobacco companies will be fighting this if they pass it. I really have nothing of value to add to the conversation, but would be quite upset if it found its way to affecting pipe tobacco

helistone

Lurker
Jun 17, 2022
Germany
To be honest, I am not really surprised.
This movement against tobacco in general is taking place all over the world.
The decisions about forbitting tobacco are only slowed down by the grief of the governments about the taxes for tobacco.
This is smoldering for about 25 years.
In fact, it's all about money health.
At least I see this for german governal development...

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The FDA is owned and operated by the big corporate food and agra industry and the pharmaceutical industry...so it's reasonable conjecture that the primary reason for this is probably big pharma wanting a monopoly on nicotine.

One thing's for sure based on the FDA's track record...they don't give a fuck about health and safety, so I know it's not about that.