PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Finishing a left over Quintero y Hermano Brevas from day before yesterday, the last 3" of it. After the first or second puff, the flavor's good. I don't mind a day or two or three left over stogie, and as mentioned--after getting it lit, it still tastes good for me.

Yes, it's made from pieces and scraps I suppose, and likely doesn't have the nuances of better Cuban/Habanos cigars; but, I can still get plenty of what I think of as the grassy, mild, Cuban flavors that remind me of my Grandaddy's tall, (square bale) hay barn for their dairy barn (back in the early to late 1960's). What fun.

I'm moving to a shorter (~5") Macanudo Inspirado I got for about $2.50 on cigar bid (Love that price!) in a moment when this is done. And yes, you guessed it--I'm using a cigar mouthpiece (it gets that smokey little butt farther from my nose and eyes and I LOVE that!).

Before these sticks, I had two bowls of a fruity, well dried, blend of C&D Berry and Anno fruity flavored pipe tobak. In one bowl I mixed it with non-Cuban cigar leaf. In the other bowl, I mixed in some Cuban cigar leaf. I LOVE and crave that flavor (Nic hit?)--mmm good (reminds me of my Burley fixation last year and Latakia crave a few years back :) of fruity, dried aromatics mixed with a lesser portion of cigar leaf. Somehow, the cigars I've had made with pipe tobacco don't taste as good to me (perhaps because they weren't aged?).

As for cigar leaf I use for blending--I have some from SP (C&D I think) but I prefer the taste of the sticks I'm smoking. I cut the end off and slice it up and then cut a two or three ~1/4" rings off the smoking end and rub them out. I keep the Cuban leaf separate from the Central American cigar leaf, I get a marked difference in flavors from them.

To each his/her own. I wonder if other cigar and pipe lovers enjoy blending some together in a bowl. Ladies, Gents--what say you?
kindly,
mike

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Oliva Serie V Double Robusto
UsHqdF7l.jpg
Me too, now.

TheSt0rm

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2022
I dont smoke cigars anymore. I dont know what glues they use. But before I would smoke a ton of NHCIgars Organic House Blend ... My favorites were the Connecticuts.

Ive gotten some old ones though from over there but I found the good ones.

I also smoked a BlackHouse Cigar and I think it was fine... I forgot which wrapper though. Think it was a Maduro. I didn't like that it came with a Boveda though.

Lotus Organic, and Padron Organica Reserva...

Status
Not open for further replies.