How do I repack an opened loose pipe tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ykw5264

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2022
D.C.
I am going to need more details to understand the question enough to respond. Can you explain a little more fully?

Thank you. I opened a bag of Esoterica Pipe Tobacco in a few months ago. However, the strong taste made it difficult for me, a newcomer, to accept. I want to pack the opened tobacco and send it to my friends abroad.

Thank you. I opened a bag of Esoterica Pipe Tobacco in a few months ago. However, the strong taste made it difficult for me, a newcomer, to accept. I want to pack the opened tobacco and send it to my friends abroad.
Yep, Mylar is the optimal choice for that. Or, just put it in Ziplocs, and let the recipients deal with it.

Good on you. Giving stuff to broads. puffy

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
I keep buying more jars. I just have 100 now. Lol. I have to try everything. I keep mine in one of those 3 drawer plastic things. Virginia on top, burley below and English below and another drawer for randoms. Rest is cellared. I have Mylar bags too as others have said.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
It would be a lot easier to mail it to me in the states. I've never tried any Esoterica... puffy

26 options on smokingpipes and all of them are out of stock.

Reactions: kcghost

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
You have no one to share this with that you already smoke with? I am sure some of our American brethren wouldn't mind having a taste of this.

Reactions: FLDRD

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
+1 ziplok bag

But, if you're in the US it might be better to ship to someone who's also in the US. Depending on which country your friend is in customs may take a dim view of tobacco in non-original package (or even in the original packaging) in which case it most likely would be seized and destroyed.

nolan613

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 21, 2019
Augusta, GA
If stored in a cool dark location, closet, there isn't any difference between mylar or mason jars. If using ziplock bags be sure to use the freezer bags instead of the sticky\orage bags. Freezer bags have thicker walls.