Bravia TV & Catching Covid.....Good News All Round.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Many thanks to all who commented on my last two threads, your tips, comments and kind thoughts were much appreciated.

The TV arrived safe & sound yesterday lunchtime....I asked the courier if the box rattled (by all accounts it has a glass screen) ....he laughed and said no. It's an enormous box...sitting in my hallway for now and will not get used until I've moved house in about 8-10 months time.

Regards my Covid infection, I'm pretty sure it's now gone. About 7pm last night I felt pretty good so poured myself a beer (first in 3 days) and then a Jim Beam rye at 10pm....all seemed back to normal. Maybe the paracetamol helped?

Bed by midnight and up at 9:30 I felt much refreshed this morning and touch wood....have no symptoms whatsoever today so can safely assume it's over :)

So thanks guys for all your tips, suggestions & kind words....what a wonderful bunch of guys you are ?

Regards,

Jay.

Awesome news!! To your health!!! You're harder to kill than we all anticipated. puffy
Kingestate GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Great news!! Be well, friend, and a wee bit of bourbon never hurts!.............
Good luck on the house move- are you staying in Cornwall?
Thanks for the kind words Beef, alas I shall not be staying in Cornwall.

It's a long story but my share of the legacy from my late Mother, though considerable, wouldn't buy me what I want down here. House prices in Cornwall are catastrophic.....so I will be looking to move back to my native Yorkshire :oops:

It will break my heart. I've lived in Cornwall for 33 years and have fallen in love with the place.

This is the village pub, the Red Lion (built circa 1500), I live right behind it.

the-red-lion.jpg

Regards,

Jay.