PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

runscott

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
WOW - It always amazes me that these auctions still slide by. I never even saw this. ARGH@!

I hate that the auction hangs around for 5 minutes as if the item is still around. When I miss something like this, I don't even want to know about it!

Two similar auctions that come to mind: I missed a group of 4-5 Dunhills priced under $100...but they were all really old :( Also missed a recent auction of 4 Sasienis - two 'four dot' and two 'two dot' for $150. I was staring at the photos in disbelief, which caused me to miss out. But I know the guy who won them, so at least they went to a friend.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
My favorite is the overuse of 'rare' --- applied to an item of which there are several million ... and it indicates its rare to the seller who just stepped out of the cave for the first time ! Should I sell my pipes in that manner they will all be rare ...as in I have them and you don't so they are rare to you and this is your one opportunity to acquire them ! :ROFLMAO:
I used to searches for “Straight Grain” until Shiny Pipes used that keyword for everything… including blasted and rusticated pipes.

Jerks.

?????

Reactions: bayareabriar

n_irwin

Can't Leave
Apr 15, 2022
Oklahoma, USA
Whoever grabbed those pipes did well. My best score was a Castello Sea Rock lovat in a set of 5 pipes for $35. The seller didn’t include any names or markings in the listing. A quick private message confirmed what I was hoping for. I’m sure you all have similar stories. Sometimes you just get lucky.
A79F2E8A-5A14-4511-AF9D-78BCEC953A19.jpeg