PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I’m dying here.

A little peeved by Petterson getting his helmet ripped off on that Rangers goal sequence, but I think Guentzel’s high stick goal kinda cancels that out ?

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, if the Caps have to be out, at least the Pens also got bumped in the first dance. Guess I'll root for Carolina. Rumour is Anderson could be back in goal. You love to be on the winning side, but the handshake line is probably the best thing in any pro-sports league.

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
Well, if the Caps have to be out, at least the Pens also got bumped in the first dance. Guess I'll root for Carolina. Rumour is Anderson could be back in goal. You love to be on the winning side, but the handshake line is probably the best thing in any pro-sports league.

Rec league hockey:

"Good game, good game, good game, F you, good game... hahahaha

Reactions: LotusEater

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Well, if the Caps have to be out, at least the Pens also got bumped in the first dance
I'm actually pretty proud of the Penguins performance in that series. I know that sounds strange given that they coughed up a 3-1 series lead, but when you think about it in it's entirety they had A LOT of barriers of success that they came within one goal of overcoming. An EBUG goalie for the bulk of the series, Rakell out from game 1, one of their most experienced D men in Domoulin out for the bulk of the series, Crosby out for 2 of the 3 potential clinch games, etc.

Not trying to make excuses here, the Rangers showed incredible resiliency, absolutely deserve the win, and I think are the better hockey team at this point in the year (as my bracket will show you). Just saying I'm impressed with the Penguins effort in the face of some unfortunate curveballs, that's all.

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
OK, second-round reset. Psyched to see the Battle of Alberta resumed. I think I root for the Oilers here. Meanwhile, will the Avs remember how to play hockey? Nine days off or so before the Blues. I'm writing from Vail, so most of Colorado is assuming the latest Avalanche collapse. In the East, Go Rangers, even though I see Carolina closing the Blue Shirts down. I know I'm being snobby when it comes to the all-Florida series, but really? I'm sure it will be good hockey.

And just so this post keeps in theme with pipes, I tend to smoke my pipes more when hockey, or baseball, or football, or basketball or golf is on TV.

Reactions: jpmcwjr