PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LOREN

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2019
Illinois -> Florida
I was NEVER a Chicago Bears fan yet we lived across Lake Shore Drive from their stadium for around 15 years. Luckily is was a time where they weren’t very good. The stadium was hushed a lot of the time. ?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
This is the same way overhere. We have 3 football (or soccer whatever your wish to call it) professional teams near my town. If your from the south of the city your rooting for team A, if your from the west part of the city you root for team B and if your from the north part of the city you root for team C. It's like a Brooklyn vs Queens thingy... My friend and colleague roots for team B, a friend of him roots for team A. Just to poke at him his friend buys a jersey and pants from his team for the birthday of his eldest son, which almost got scouted by team A. I always have to giggle at it. We have about 5 or 6 soccer clubs for the kids and amateurs in town, it's even a competition within our street. I think it's pathetic, although my kids so play soccer, but each to their own. Also there is home and visitors part of the stadium, when I watch gridiron football I see all kinds of jerseys mixed. I once visited a match in Germany, supporters where sitting next to each other and had a big laugh, was a lot of fun.

Edit: sorry for your loss last night, they played really well, better than during the season.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
One of the advantages of a career Coast Guard lifestyle was that you could count on moving every two to four years. I grew up in SE Texas back when the Houston Oilers sucked and the Cowboys had stars like Don Meredith, Roger Staubach, Craig Morton and Danny White. Then I joined the Coast Guard and spent six years in Seattle. I became a Seahawk fan when the team was founded in 1976. I stayed a Seahawk fan through my first tour of duty in New Orleans (The Aints of the late 70s, early 80s), two years across the river from Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia, and grudgingly became a Dolphins fan in the mid-1980s. I couldn't decide on the Giants or the Jets during the three years we were in New York. Then we were sent back to New Orleans and I slowly became a Saints fan.

Oldest son's teams were the Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals and the Saints. Second son's teams were Miami Dolphins and the Saints.

At least we all hate the Patriots, Falcons, Buccaneers, Panthers and officials.

Reactions: KevKasper13

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A little rivalry in the family room, seated before the widescreen, makes it more like attending the game live where both sides are represented. Just have plenty of food for people to get sleepy on. Kids who just poke along in their parents' footsteps may not be very interesting.

Reactions: KevKasper13

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Sitting here wondering how many electrons died needlessly for this thread...oh, the humanity nnnn