PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Meerly John

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2021
Mid-USA
Hello, hope everyone's having a nice morning, afternoon, or evening.

I have made up my mind to get an Altinay, and I intend to spend more money than I've spent on a pipe so far. That being the case, I'm determined to get the pipe I want.

Does anyone know Altinay's schedule regarding inventory updates?

I have been on the site nearly every day all month. I'm guessing at this point there will be an update on the 31st/1st. I am literally chomping at rubber pipe bits waiting for the day so that I can find a pipe that fits my preferences.

I would also appreciate any insights or guidance from Altinay owners about any peculiarities with the brand you wish you'd known. Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
As far as I can tell, they add new pipes sporadically...don't think there's any set schedule.

Dan beat me to it, but I was going to say just email them with what you want and I'm sure they'll make it for you.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Thank you guys! I'm a little blown away they do requests. That's awesome.

I'll definitely be posting pics of what I end up with.
Meerschaum pipes are all hand carved. Many brands as well as individual artisans take commission work. With Altinay, request a case if you desire one as some of them only come with a sock.

isaac

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 18, 2012
Portland, OR
About the case, to my understanding the classic shapes dont come in a case unless shown on the website. The leather pouch you get is very thick.

My classic shape was going to have a pouch. i asked for a case which ran an extra $5.

Heads up as he does some 3D verification system with CC. Now, it seems being in the US, he has to manually charge the transaction. He however argues that you have to contact the bank. Ive tried three credit card providers that say it is on his end. So for now, I cant buy any additional Altinays from his site.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My classic shape was going to have a pouch. i asked for a case which ran an extra $5.

Heads up as he does some 3D verification system with CC. Now, it seems being in the US, he has to manually charge the transaction. He however argues that you have to contact the bank. Ive tried three credit card providers that say it is on his end. So for now, I cant buy any additional Altinays from his site.
Imports are getting crazy. I had two pipes from Moscow bounce all over Europe and Asia culminating in a 47 day trip from the carver to me.