PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Where the heck does one find Esoterica?
THAT is one of the great mysteries of our age. Some say that it appears at night in Shangri La as the first beam of moonlight crosses where the nightingale sings, while others insist it is mined by trolls deep in the bowels of the earth and sold beyond the antipodes.

Empires have toppled from the lust for Esoterica. Men have been driven mad from the search, reduced to pitiful quaking ravaged shells of their former selves. A Sultan once offered 10,000 of his wives for a single bowl.

The most persuasive explanation I've heard is that it's a product of the multiverse and you need a trans dimensional guide to ferry you across the Great Belt of Galacticus where it forms the spiral arm of the Universal Rotator.

Hope this helps.

Etipton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 24, 2021
Tennessee
Where the heck does one find Esoterica?
You can find it on pipestud if you don’t mind paying extremely high prices and are as fast as lighting. I have a local B&M that get some in from time to time but those shops are few and far between sadly

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
THAT is one of the great mysteries of our age. Some say that it appears at night in Shangri La as the first beam of moonlight crosses where the nightingale sings, while others insist it is mined by trolls deep in the bowels of the earth and sold beyond the antipodes.

Empires have toppled from the lust for Esoterica. Men have been driven mad from the search, reduced to pitiful quaking ravaged shells of their former selves. A Sultan once offered 10,000 of his wives for a single bowl.

The most persuasive explanation I've heard is that it's a product of the multiverse and you need a trans dimensional guide to ferry you across the Great Belt of Galacticus where it forms the spiral arm of the Universal Rotator.

Hope this helps.
+1

Reactions: beargreasediet

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Those pinholes are the consequence of continued mechanical stress of the polymer at weak points like the juncture of creases which cause torsion on multiple axes, delamination of the layers and failure of the seal.

An undisturbed bag will not develop pinholes.
I caress and fondle my bags on a regular basis so you're no help at all.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Esoterica is a myth. It only exists in the minds of ignorant newbies that haven't yet graduated from clumsy and crude latakia blends to elegant and sophisticated straight virginias. In addition to that, I bought three bags and 5 tins this morning.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I store all my Esoterica in their original bags and I have never had an issue. I couldn't even tell you the other bags I own, other than Stonehaven. One day soon I will take inventory and see what other Esoterica I have in stock.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jun 23, 2019
I had several of the older (2012) rectangular tins of Penzance have loose tops. The seals failed after about five years. No jostling, no movement. Just sitting on a shelf. I quickly jarred them all.

Great reminder to check my square tins. I miss those old old sardine tins, those were cute!

- - -

You must be the guy that buys them all before I can check out!

How much Penzance does one really need? I've been working through this 2012 8oz bag for 4/5 years now.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Great reminder to check my square tins. I miss those old old sardine tins, those were cute!

- - -

How much Penzance does one really need? I've been working through this 2012 8oz bag for 4/5 years now.
I believe you on the Penzance…one of my least favorite Esoterica & rarely ever smoke it. Now, Dorchester, Dunbar, Tilbury…well let’s just say I’ve a few bags of each put back. ?☕

Jun 23, 2019
I believe you on the Penzance…one of my least favorite Esoterica & rarely ever smoke it. Now, Dorchester, Dunbar, Tilbury…well let’s just say I’ve a few bags of each put back. ?☕

I actually really enjoy Penzance, love that distinct flavor, but it's just so potent! Almost like how you just use a little saffron for flavoring, I love 'diluting' Penzance with a nice va/per or aromatic burley.

That said, you're definitely right their va/per offerings are definitely much smoke-able daily. Those definitely don't last long when I crack a new tin.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I actually really enjoy Penzance, love that distinct flavor, but it's just so potent! Almost like how you just use a little saffron for flavoring, I love 'diluting' Penzance with a nice va/per or aromatic burley.

That said, you're definitely right their va/per offerings are definitely much smoke-able daily. Those definitely don't last long when I crack a new tin.
For me I’m not gonna ? on Penzance like some. I still thinks it’s quality ?. The orientals are really a player for me in the blend. However, Latakia has just been turning me off lately. Enjoy your smoking day. ?☕