PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Since my wife has bought me a number of pipes more expensive than most I buy myself, as well as some well-chosen blends, if she complained about my spending, I might rein it in, at least until i had evaluated my purchases myself. Sticks are so overpriced, I tend to be skeptical. I drift over to shopping for the bundled cigars myself. Maybe ask for a few choice sticks for Christmas, birthday, or holidays, to give her a chance to be the generous one. That changes the picture in a good way. Marital things always benefit from some negotiation, so neither one feels "had."

Pipesandstuff

Might Stick Around
Aug 9, 2021
Orlando, Fl
Cigarbid is where I get all of my cigars. They don’t have everything, but they actually have 7-8 that I really enjoy. I couldn’t afford them otherwise. I’ve no idea how they do what they do, but I pray they never go out of business.
Cbid is part of Cigars International, now owned by Scandanavian Tobacco Group. General Cigars. I hope they don't go out of business too! That would be sad. I think there's a lot of mixed feelings about them, but, overall, I've never had a better buying experience from a high volume seller. Cigarpage is another, it's run by the dude who started Cigars International. Probably buy more from there now actually. Holts is really great too
and if you what you're looking for, you can get some fantastic deals (I buy a lot of my Olivas from there).

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
I consider myself one of the luckiest men alive. My wife thinks all of my hobbies are really neat, and even shares them with me. She listens to my hifi audio with me almost every night while I smoke a pipe. She comments on how much she likes the aroma of certain blends. Now she even has gotten very interested in my pipes and tin notes. We discuss grain and tobaccos, I describe the taste versus what she's smelling in the tin. She even digs my vintage Accutrons and model trains! Haha Im grateful that I'm able to share my favorite things with the woman I love.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My wife and I will celebrate our 30th anniversary in about two months. She is asthmatic and allergic to to smoke. When I decided to pick up the pipe, I told her that I would drop the pipe immediately, if the pipe hurt her. (All my smoking is in a detached garage or a smoke shop.) The wife and daughter really enjoy my monthly pipe club meetings. The guys are gone, so they can enjoy chick flicks.

DUDES! Talk to your wife. If she feels safe, life is wonderful.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Mrs Condorlover has a thing for shoes. Being a tad under 6 ft tall she can look quite the giant in heels and I most certainly get that 'Dudley Moore' feeling of being a 'Sex Thimble' or pocket Hobbit! That being said I don't say anything about shoes if she doesn't say anything about my pipes, it also helps that she is in NYC and I am in Florida six months of the year. Seriously she once asked me if she was the perfect Finnish women. I replied that the perfect Finnish woman would have fold down teeth, f*ck all night and on the stroke of midnight turn into a roast beef sandwich and six pack. She was not amused!

Status
Not open for further replies.