PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Lianza

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2021
Wilberforce, Ontario
Hello pipe smokers!

I have a 100$ budget for a new pipe.

I mostly smoke a few cob’s , a few Brigham’s, and a Savinelli and a Lorenzetti.

Still new to the pipe smoking game. So I’m wondering, would you buy 1 more nice briar pipe or grab a bunch of cobs to increase rotation?

My local shop has a wonderful pipe inventory/selection, I’ll be heading there tomorrow for more advice.

Looking for suggestions!
Thanks!

Gabby Hayes

Lurker
Jun 6, 2021
So. Cal.
This is just my personal opinion mind you, but in the $100 range I think there’s no finer smoking pipe than a Savinelli. I have a few and all of them are excellent smokers. Another brand I really like is Butz Choquin. I own more Petersons than any other brand. After I started buying a few quality briars, I found myself rarely smoke my cobs anymore.

Last edited:

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
There are a lot of pipes for $100 or less that are good. B&M might be a little higher than online, but supporting the local folks is always a good idea and worth the extra to keep them around.
Although, online sales can be tough to beat.

Reactions: OldRocko

OldRocko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2021
South Florida USA
Many good suggestions here. Savinellis are well regarded by many people and within your budget. If you are looking for a new pipe and a different brand, perhaps Stanwell is another name I’d consider. In any case, there are alot of options. My suggestion, find a pipe/shape you like and try it out, along with a few new tins of tobacco. Chances are soon after you’ll once again be in the market for your next pipe..!

Reactions: JKoD

Lianza

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2021
Wilberforce, Ontario
Thanks again everyone for your input. After speaking with my local store,
I ended up getting a Rossi Rubino, a few more cob’s (trying some new tobacco), and some change in my pocket.
I’m very happy with my purchase’s, I have enough pipes for now- gonna start focusing more on trying different tobacco’s.

Reactions: Bowlsmoker67