PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Mopiper

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2021
My taste buds arent what they used to be. I am looking for a strong tasting virginia. I like the raisin taste more than the lemon taste if that makes since.

Reactions: BROBS and JOHN72

Ocam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 4, 2020
Spain
Look for the Gawith Ropes. Black XX is peculiar but is a great tobacco with a bold flavor, especially if you air it out or leave it in a jar for some time.

I second Kakun Kake as well. Great tobacco.

M

Magnum207

Peterson’s Irish Oak (now called Irish Cask maybe?) was flavorful and had some strength. I know you just said “strong Virginia,” but added you enjoy the raisin flavor. I’m not “Jiminks” by any stretch, but I believe Perique provides that more than Virginia. Please go easy on me, old-timers, if I am incorrect.

Reactions: BROBS

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
A strong Virginia is somewhat of an oxymoron. For Virginia taste (be it sweet or grassy or both), try vapers. Or better yet, Gregory L. Pease has Virginias with a little more oomph (nicotine) with Kentucky. I echo the recommendation of Six Pence as well as blends like Triple Play or Navigator.

Ocam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 4, 2020
Spain
A strong Virginia is somewhat of an oxymoron.
Actually, I tried some air cured Virginias and the blew my head off. They taste and feel very different though, more like burley. Very similar to Brown no.4 indeed. However, if you go and stove them, they will develop sweeter, fruty flavors.