PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2021
New Hampshire
Welcome from Florida originally from Boston and I grew up skiing at Mt Sunapee in NH. It was a fun place to ski especially in the sun bowl. The last time I skid there was the last time I ever skid. I took my worst wipe out ever doing around 70 mph. I can still feel the hurt from that wipe out. Once I was done skiing I had no reason to live up north any more so as soon as my dad and his mom passed, I was off to Florida. As it turned out, I beat the hell out of my body playing tennis and now I am wheelchair bound and it sucks.

I miss my tennis and a couple of days of golf per week. I also miss shooting hoops, playing street hockey on the basket ball courts, learning to play bocce ball as we had two courts for that and since I grew up playing shuffle board, I was natural for bocce ball.

The only thing I use now is the pool at the complex I live in. I am paying 805.00 a quarter and wouldn't mind if could play all my sports.
Thank you, cigrmaster. I work in the foot hills of Mt Sunapee. The temperature was down in the teens this week, already.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Thanks for the info. That’s an interesting pipe you found there. I’m going to experiment with some pipe mud and run some experiments.
The pipe is a House of Robertson - Calabash. The pipe was made by a local Boise, Idaho pipe carver, Thayne Robertson. He opened a tobacco store in Boise in 1947. His son Jon started working there in 1970. Thayne and his son started making the big pipes at that time, and made them together until 1987. They are really rare. Really excited to come across this one. Looking forward to completing the repair so I can enjoy a smoke in it!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Was the cake that you removed thick and yet soft-ish?

Unless the spider webbing is deep, I'd just smoke it carefully to create a nice thin and hard cake that should cover the tiny fissures after a while.

Reactions: GreatNorthWoods
Nov 29, 2021
New Hampshire
Was the cake that you removed thick and yet soft-ish?

Unless the spider webbing is deep, I'd just smoke it carefully to create a nice thin and hard cake that should cover the tiny fissures after a while.
Yes, I think after worrying about it for too long. It was just sloppy cake build up with too much ash. I’m just going to relax and smoke on.
Thank you.

OldRocko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2021
South Florida USA
Greetings from South Florida ... I've been traveling to New Hampshire a few times a year, mostly around lake Winnipesaukee (hope I got it spelled right). I often stop by Happy Jack's Tobacco in Laconia. Last time bought a Peterson and a Sav, plus misc tobacco. Beautiful state.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Nov 29, 2021
New Hampshire
Greetings from South Florida ... I've been traveling to New Hampshire a few times a year, mostly around lake Winnipesaukee (hope I got it spelled right). I often stop by Happy Jack's Tobacco in Laconia. Last time bought a Peterson and a Sav, plus misc tobacco. Beautiful state.
Happy Jack’s is a great B&M, it’s a bit of ride for me but I like to support them when I can. I also recommend Twins Smoke Shop. They have two locations, one in Hookset and one in Londonderry. They have a great selection of pipes and pipe tobacco, and the employees are great. The one in Londonderry is bigger. Depending on where you are flying in/out of they are an easy detour.

OldRocko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2021
South Florida USA
Happy Jack’s is a great B&M, it’s a bit of ride for me but I like to support them when I can. I also recommend Twins Smoke Shop. They have two locations, one in Hookset and one in Londonderry. They have a great selection of pipes and pipe tobacco, and the employees are great. The one in Londonderry is bigger. Depending on where you are flying in/out of they are an easy detour.
Thanks for the suggestion. Londonderry is close to I-93, which I often use when traveling North from MA. Next spring when I’m in the area I’ll stop by Twin Smokes, and perhaps later visit the avi museum at MHT. In a coupe of weeks I’ll be visiting LJ Peretti in Boston - and if I spend any more money on pipes or Tobacco in 2021 - my wife’s going to kick me out wrapped as a Christmas present.

• Haha
Reactions: GreatNorthWoods
Status
Not open for further replies.