Which Blend Do You Wish You Bought More Of Before It Disappeared?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Franco Pipenbeans

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 7, 2021
Yorkshire, England
Recent or fairly recent departures I'd say,
Bracken Flake
Highland Sliced
Velvan Plug
Going back further,
Gallahers RDH, Balkan Sobranie & Escudo
St. Bruno Rough Cut
Bells Three Nuns
Was the SB rough cut a different blend? I always presumed it was the ready rubbed equivalent of the flake which I find to be overly vinegary in its present incarnation.
Also, the old Three Nuns; was it very different from todays Theee Nuns? I have only bought my first pouch of it about 6 months ago, I never tried any of the previous variants.

64alex

May 10, 2016
Revor plug. I bought some just before it went out of production (at least in the former form). It will last for some time. When I'll finish it I will look for something else similar as there will always something close to what you like.

stogie37

Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Bjarne Flake deLuxe was a favorite. I still have 3 tins - and hear that it might be available outside the US - but whether it’s the same blend I’m not sure. Ashton Pebblecut (McClelland) is one I cellared heavily when that era of Ashton tobaccos ceased - so much so that I didn’t buy any of the McClelland re-release when it came out, but now that I’m below two dozen tins, I’m wishing I could smoke it more frequently…

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

Razorback

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Revor plug. I bought some just before it went out of production (at least in the former form). It will last for some time. When I'll finish it I will look for something else similar as there will always something close to what you like.

Did Revor Plug change lately? Is current production different than what was made a year or two ago? This is the first I’ve heard of this. Thanks.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
John Cotton's Smyrna. It's one of the first blends I purchased when I started the pipe. Fell in love with it. I've got one unopened tin...that's it.

homesteader

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2019
I wish I'd started with McClelland sooner, but not for the obvious reason. I'm from Missouri and they were based in Kansas City. They were almost a local source of tobacco for me, but I was smoking aromatics until almost their last year, when I discovered their red Virginia. I do at least get to support another Missouri business--Missouri Meerschaum.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
As far as I'm aware there's only one blend I've had and enjoyed that's disappeared and that's Condor twist. I'd love to try it again but to be honest Condor in any form, be it flake or ready rubbed is better than nowt.
Yeah, Gallahers Condor...had a little but man would I love to find some more.