macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Any pet peeves about pipe smoking?

mine:
-when the dottle is gooey instead of dry and ashy
-when the pipe gurgles
-when I drop the damn thing out of my mouth (didn't someone here post about dropping their pipe in their pool a while back LOL?)

kindly, and I do hope you're enjoying a bowl while reading this :), I'm finishing up a bowl of -- oh,never mind--I can't remember which jar I grabbed LOL
mike

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I used to have a number of pet peeves but over the years I have learned to ignore pipes that would drive me nuts. For example, I despise the following:

A pipe that gurgles
A pipe that won't pass a fluffy pipe cleaner with easy
An acrylic stem
A hand made stem with a shitty button
A pipe that has a shank dimension less than 4mm
A pipe that weighs over 60 grams
A Meer pipes, yes I have a very nice IMP that I think sucks
A pipe that sells for 400-500 that has shitty shaping and and even worse sand blasting( Dunhills and Barlings are not in this group)

I could probably find more but you get the idea, I do have a number of pet peeves. Yes I am a picky bastard, but someone has to do it.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
I used to have a number of pet peeves but over the years I have learned to ignore pipes that would drive me nuts. For example, I despise the following:

A pipe that gurgles
A pipe that won't pass a fluffy pipe cleaner with easy
An acrylic stem . . . . Yes I am a picky bastard, but someone has to do it.
I'm with you on just about all these, @cigrmaster -- great list and I like your way with words LOL :)
thnx for the grins/chuckle this morning!
mike

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
I am glad I could brighten your day just a tad. Agreeing with me only proves that I know everything there is to know about pipe smoking. You may kiss my ring whenever it suits you.
Puffing away here and grinning ear to ear--and I'll kiss your ring right after you kiss my a#@s LOL. No harm meant--all in fun! Sorry, couldn't help myself!! Thanks for the laughs and have a great afternoon, Buddy!
mike :))

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Puffing away here and grinning ear to ear--and I'll kiss your ring right after you kiss my a#@s LOL. No harm meant--all in fun! Sorry, couldn't help myself!! Thanks for the laughs and have a great afternoon, Buddy!
mike :))
I can tell good humor from miles away. No need to qualify your shots at me, I give and I take equally as well.