PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
This is Richard Parker RIP. He absolutely loved hanging with me when I smoked.
View attachment 102231
This is Kane. It don't matter what I'm doing, he's always by my side.
View attachment 102232
View attachment 102233
cats can sense when you're doing something calming and they really like being part of it. Same with dogs but cats seem a little more stead fast in this. What a sweet looking pup and kittens. My cat is funny he likes smelling my pipes, well he likes the chamber side a lot when he smells the stem his nose curls up his ears go back and he looks at me the same way you would if I insisted poo was so tasty.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
cats can sense when you're doing something calming and they really like being part of it. Same with dogs but cats seem a little more stead fast in this. What a sweet looking pup and kittens. My cat is funny he likes smelling my pipes, well he likes the chamber side a lot when he smells the stem his nose curls up his ears go back and he looks at me the same way you would if I insisted poo was so tasty.
Yup Richard Parker loved my goatee note I believe from my pipes, and would lick it. Haha.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Yup Richard Parker loved my goatee note I believe from my pipes, and would lick it. Haha.
my cat loved grooming my goatee. He'd bite it and comb it out. The only problem is he kept trying it after I shaved it off. Even a gentle bit on the chin hurts a lot more then you'd think and it was always a surprise.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think the thought processes of creatures are fascinating. They have so many ways of expressing their awareness and reactions. You only have to remember they are having a canine, feline, or other species experience, not a human one. People who are adversarial about anthropomorphizing animals often have difficulting anthropomorphizing other people, I fear. Cats ears have a distinct linguistic function, not to mention their tails and eyes. Their ears have about twenty five different positions. (Mine don't.) Add their vocalizing and the status of their fur, and you have a whole vocabulary and syntax available.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Me and my pups... Boudain (English Bulldog) & Gumbeaux (English Mastiff).

Both enjoy sitting with me while I smoke my pipe, especially Boudain.
Two great dogs with two great names. As a lover of English Bulldogs the name Boudain started my day with a chuckle. If haven't already done so, please consider getting insurance for both, but especially the Bullie. Miss my Big man every day...