PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Yesterday my wife and I celebrated our 50th. wedding anniversary. After church, where the Orthodox Metropolitan of Chicago (a rank equal to a Cardinal in the Catholic Church) blessed us at the close of the Liturgy, we went out, later in the afternoon, for a sumptuous dinner at Chicago's venerable Italian Village.
At home, I enjoyed a 50 year old Cuban Tueros Tubo corona, in a cedar lined aluminum tube, that I bought on our honeymoon in the Bahamas. I had a dram of The Macallan 12 to warm me up on a chilly early evening, under the gazebo.
The cigar was amazing. Lots of cedar, pepper and spice and a smooth, not too strong, Cuban flavor. The most incredible thing was the ash. It held on until the very end. I had to give up with about 3/4 of an inch left, as I didn't have a roach clip, to prevent burning my fingers or setting my moustache ablaze.
Man, what a magnificent day!

(The poster is from my granddaughter's high school graduation)
View attachment 100927
Congratulations, may you and your lady wife have many many more years together. ??

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Thank you. I believe it is from Madagascar.
The variegated or white ebony has a bit more character than black ebony.
Black ebony and morta bring monochromatic are best used as accents, in my opinion.

Some years ago I had a couple of Laguiole pocket knives made as presents for my 2 boys. One with ebony, and the other with morta handles. I was somewhat disappointed with the results. Those woods are probably used as ferrules or spacers in conjunction with other woods.
I’m sorry to hear that, Laguiole usually make very good products, I have a old forge made corkscrew, unfortunately most wine no longer has corks to pull these days.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
One of my cats did a disappearing act last night, he’s such a baby and it’s very out of character so I was all night looking for him. Fortunately he’s back and looks like he’s had a scrap with another cat but none the worse for wear.
It’s meant that I’m only now settling down for a bowl and a drink ?.
I got some Tak blends in the mail this morning and I’m going to start with the Highland Balls in the lizard skin Club billiard and a drop of Cognac image.jpg

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Early afternoon bowl of Wilke #515 in a Nachwalter flame grain Lumberperson/people (may go back to calling it a "Canadian with a saddle stem" although I think "lumberpeople" is quite catchy for today's plural pronoun folks and helps keep the thread PC).

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of C&D From Beyond (Small Batch) in a full bend black pebble finish 2001 Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg with a black acrylic tapered stem. Watching Mad Dog Russo as I work on a review of this blend.
Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg.jpg