PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Guy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
The work force is a joke right now if you can even get people to come to work. Alot of people just don't give two Fukes right now knowing they have their employer by the balls. Quality of work has plummeted in the maintenance and service industry. Seems like half of the skilled trades employees are sitting at home collecting an extra $600 per week knowing when the checks stop their boss is so desperate for workers they will just hired back on. I have many friends who own companies in this exact situation. It's sad

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Yeah, that's just lazy. Working as a carrier for many years, I can tell you that I've thought about doing that many times but never did. I did get in trouble once for tossing a package on a "heavy set" ladies porch once though... was just a gentle toss but, wouldn't you know it, the package was full of her grannies cookies... and that's how the cookies crumble, folks, she had to eat broken cookies!!! So she waited up at the post office for hours so she could complain about it. The post master was trying not to laugh when he was laying it on me, he finished off our talk by giving me a nice big chocolate chip cookie. Yummm!

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Well, it looks like she got stuck by your mailbox, and just said forget it. Turning around seemed easier. Hahaha.

My mail lady is my dog's worst enemy. Luna hates her for some reason.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Ours has been doing the same thing. Leaving packages on the trunk of my car without honking.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We have various postal delivery people. Some are extra helpful and walk things to the covered front porch. Others won't even close the big mailbox securely when it's raining, and leave packages by the side door in the rain, rather than leaving them under the covered porch. Some seem too overweight to walk a lot, but that may be prejudicial. Some are great and some are not. The old Vietnam era saying was, heroes and zeroes.

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
I can say that even if that fit in your mailbox, if Amazon delivered it, they are not allowed to use the mailbox. Only the USPS is legally allowed to place items _in_ your mailbox. Amazon, UPS, local people walking by with fliers, etc, cannot place things in your mailbox. I realize that is moot in the case of the picture here, just an interesting thing I didn't realize myself until recently of which this post reminded me of.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Friend of mind sent me a fig tree. The mail person folded the package and tried to shove it in a mailbox. It simply defies the logic. It had all the tags including USDA tag and all indicating live plant. I appreciate the hard work they do, but some are just mean.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Brad, I am glad you saved the package from the rain and am sorry about your carrier. On a lighter note, we have that exact same mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.