PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It started as a joke tobacco on Forums, then a few tried it and liked it, and it is possible it has gone out of production. But if you like it enough to buy a tub of it, it's on sale for about $32 for a tub. They aren't selling pouches. The sale is time-limited.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'chasing rescued Captain Black Grape and Mixture No. 79 from joke status, one a brand new blend, and the other an old standard. Also, aromatics as beginner blends has been reconsidered, with several Forums members now feeling that aromatics should be smoked once you have experience with a range of non-aromatic blends. I'm not sure what the current joke tobacco is; it's fun to raze on one now and then, but reconsidering is also healthy.

Reactions: JOHN72

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't tried it. Forums members have said it is fairly understated, not oppressive, and has a pleasing tang to it. Like any aromatic, some would like it and others wouldn't, but it is said to be completely smokeable. As to how much it tastes like grape, that would probably vary wildly between smokers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The price is right, and maybe it improves with age. I think some aromatics do mellow and get better integrated with the tobacco.