PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I didn't know where to post this and I thought this might be a good place to start.

I’ve got a couple pipes that have stems that I want to replace. They work fine but they’re not exactly what I’m looking for (material, look, length, etc.). From my understanding, there are pre-made stems and ones that are custom made/cut. Where can I go to get a new stem and what would these cost?

The two pipes in question are a MM Devil Anse cob and an old Preben Holm freehand. I’m looking to get black acrylic stems for each of them.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Search for forever stems for your cob. You can also buy cob stems on Amazon, ebay and sites like aristocob.

The Preben Holm will need the stem fit by a repair person. You have top end guys like georged and guys just trying to learn (like me). You WILL get what you par for when dealing with repair companies (in my experience). You can also search for acrylic blanks and try it yourself.

Reactions: hauntedmyst

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I didn't know where to post this and I thought this might be a good place to start.

I’ve got a couple pipes that have stems that I want to replace. They work fine but they’re not exactly what I’m looking for (material, look, length, etc.). From my understanding, there are pre-made stems and ones that are custom made/cut. Where can I go to get a new stem and what would these cost?

The two pipes in question are a MM Devil Anse cob and an old Preben Holm freehand. I’m looking to get black acrylic stems for each of them.
Walker Pipe Repair , JHLowe&Co and Lewis Pipe Repair are three that come to mind. Do a Google search for "tobacco pipe repair" and you'll see a number of options.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
FWIW, I had a stem reshaped by Walker, and Mike did a great job. Great work, reasonable price, and excellent communication about the process, time to complete the job, etc.

Reactions: chopper