PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Makes you wonder if a good aromatic couldn't be blended to make a similar experience, I've been searching for good chocolate base to blend in with some mature Virginia and Latakia.

Alternatively they do sell Chocolate Extract on Amazon.

Don't mix Sutlif Chocolate Mousse. It's the tobacco equivelant of the green slime that got Jordy Verrill (Stephen King) in Creepshow. You think, "I'll just add a little for some flavor" and it starts growing, abosorbing everything in its path and the next thing you know, your whole cellar is a chocolate mess.1632279495065.png

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
It does vary a little from time to time, always has. Not at all uncommon with GH in general. Yet another reason to avoid them.

I agree. People should just leave all the GH&Co blends alone. Ignore them. Avoid them at all costs. Except the peach ones. You guys should all be fighting over those when they drop but the flakes? Nope. Don't smoke them unless you are transitioning. The flakes are all loaded with Estrogen so when you smoke them you feel bloated and start to grow moobs. yuck.

Oct 7, 2016
Is that the same for the tinned version?
For all the pounds of BCF I have smoked over 30+ years, I have never smoked it from a tin. When bags weren’t to be had anywhere about 4 or so years ago, I bought a sleeve of tins for safety’s sake, but there was a drop before my last jar got emptied, so I traded the tins.

I think the variability is a function of time and climate (no air conditioning at the factory). I have never had BCF that was way off, an experience I did have with one box of Louisiana Flake. Like sex, the worst BCF I have ever had was pretty good.

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
For all the pounds of BCF I have smoked over 30+ years, I have never smoked it from a tin. When bags weren’t to be had anywhere about 4 or so years ago, I bought a sleeve of tins for safety’s sake, but there was a drop before my last jar got emptied, so I traded the tins.

I think the variability is a function of time and climate (no air conditioning at the factory). I have never had BCF that was way off, an experience I did have with one box of Louisiana Flake. Like sex, the worst BCF I have ever had was pretty good.
I was able to source 2 boxes and both looked and smelled pretty different. But better that I have it to enjoy than not = Pretty good sex is better than no sex. hahaha!

• Haha
Reactions: hauntedmyst

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland

Yep. I have had both tin and bulk and prefer the bulk actually. I think some airing does it wonders, the flavours are cleaner while the tinned version tasted more intensely sauced which made it seems monochromatic. Had the opposite experience with 1792 plug (cob plug), prefer the tinned version.

Reactions: eljimmy
Mar 1, 2014
Don't mix Sutlif Chocolate Mousse. It's the tobacco equivelant of the green slime that got Jordy Verrill (Stephen King) in Creepshow. You think, "I'll just add a little for some flavor" and it starts growing, abosorbing everything in its path and the next thing you know, your whole cellar is a chocolate mess.View attachment 98782

Did we talk about this somewhere else?

I've had B30 waiting in my cart for the last week trying to decide if it was the one.

Now I just can't wait to see what kind of abomination is created when I blend it with Frosty Mint!

JohnClyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 8, 2020
UK
I genuinely despised the stuff when I first tried it, to the point of anger. Anger that I'd been suckered into buying the stuff by the words of pipe forum people.

But like any perversion, it lingered in the mind as something unholy and decadent, which eventually drew me back.

I totally adore it now. My only road to Damascus tobacco I've ever smoked.

And a facilitator into reappraising other lakeland flakes.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Ahhh, and there it is... I will sometimes read through a Bobs Chocolate Flake thread and think, hmmmm, I should try that, and in my mind I am thinking, there's a trick here, no one is mentioning Lakelands on a GH&co product. Now, that that cat is out of the bag, I know for a fact that you were all trying to lure me into this cesspool quagmire. Bullet narrowly averted. Thanks Fireground...
I have already replied to this thread, but another idea popped in my mind, see where it stands in @jaytex1969’s authoritative Lakeland sauce scale thread :)

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Was good fresh and even better with 6 years age on it...didn't loose any flavor and sparkling with plume.