PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
View attachment 97853
I’m smoking Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake in a MM Mark Twain. I’ll be having a bourbon this evening, after receiving news of the death of a dear friend. My, how things can change in the blink of an eye.
My condolences Tar Wheel! Seems like there's a lot of that happening now. Might be that we are all just at that age where it seems to happen now.

Mar 1, 2014
Tonight it was three half bowls in a row.
First, a base of MacBaren HHODFRR blended with 40% Sutliff 515 RC-1.
Throwing in the matured Reds really made this tobacco sing (this may have been my best bowl of tobacco ever), and thank goodness for that since straight MacBaren ODF felt a little rough.

Next, Bayou Morning blended with Izmir and 6 year old Latakia (equal portions each). Not so much smokiness in the taste but the Latakia seems to have kept its savory side.

Lastly, Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme with 30% Star of the East thrown in for a boost. It doesn't quite reach the savory heights of a top English blend but adding Star of the East definitely kicks the smokiness up a notch over the base English Oriental Supreme.

Tar Wheel

Lifer
May 23, 2020
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Hello all. I just want to thank everyone that has reached out with condolences.

My friend suffered a widow maker heart attack. He was found dead on a jogging trail by a fellow jogger. He had it all; a great wife and family, great job, lived a healthy lifestyle and was very much into fitness. He would give you the shirt off his back and was always the life of the party.

It just goes to show that we ( I ) need to start living every day like it’s our last. Tomorrow is not promised.

I feel fortunate to be a part of this great community of ours, and wish you all good health and a great day.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Ending the last third of C&D Mississippi Mud. Last night the dream did not let me finish so much load of Latakia...............The temperatures are already more pleasant to smoke these mixtures. I keep surprising myself with this "simple" mix. In the end, everything is concentrated, in the quality of a good tobacco and job well done. But it's just a personal opinion, of a person who learns day by day....................Holy smoke, amen

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU

My friend suffered a widow maker heart attack. He was found dead on a jogging trail by a fellow jogger. He had it all; a great wife and family, great job, lived a healthy lifestyle and was very much into fitness. He would give you the shirt off his back and was always the life of the party.

It just goes to show that we ( I ) need to start living every day like it’s our last. Tomorrow is not promised.

I feel fortunate to be a part of this great community of ours, and wish you all good health and a great day.
Have my condolences Sir, sending out Blessings to You and Your family

Trainpipeman

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2021
Rhode Island

I am sorry for your loss.

Gus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009

I Sorry your loss, my condolences

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a little cleaning on a few estate pipes, and have just passed the half way mark on this bowl of Granger in a straight smooth medium brown post-1940s Comoy’s Tradition 110B billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy’s_Tradition 110B billiard.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.